Contact Center Customer Service: Technical provides post-sale technical customer service to business or end-consumer customers via phone, online chat, or text including: Responding to a high volume of low complexity technical inquiries (e.g., equipment or software installation/activation/troubleshooting, providing technical product specifications & information on compatibility with other products, etc.). Providing responses to customer inquiries based on pre-determined scripts and other response guidance tools. Recommending alternative products or services (e.g., warranties) as part of customer issue resolution This position is not compensated based on achievement of sales targets. Work Environment: Typically located in a call center environment An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency: Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Working in conjunction with the Hitachi energy Commissioning Department to assist in the installation, commissioning and fault resolution of SCADA, RTU, communications Networks and Protection systems installed base.
- Work on an 'on call Rota' to provide out of hours emergency call out service to existing customers.
- Maintain the reporting and record system for customer problems, maintenance and fixes.
- Provide technical support to both customers and colleagues in evaluating technical requirements and answering associated technical queries.
- Assist Sales & Tendering to impart customer and site-specific experience and knowledge.
- Assist with customer approval activities such as Type Registration (standardization) and customer specific designs.
- Preparation of technical & test specifications, test reports, IEC61850 files and design drawings etc.
- To ensure compliance with Quality Management System, Safety Procedures and Accountancy Policies.
- Help to maintain customer spares and customer standby systems.
- Preparation of method statements, risk assessments for onsite work activities.
- Valued team member who is equally capable of lone working and working as a member of a team.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BE in Computer science, Information Technology, Electrical & Electronics or Communication engineer.
- Minimum 3-8 years of experience in Substation automation system with strong knowledge on IT - Cyber security concepts.
- Hands on Experience of Substation automation and communication systems.
- Strong knowledge on ABB Substation Automation Engineering software s such as IET, Microscada, PCM, RTU etc.
- Experience in Active directory services.
- Experience in Intrusion detection, Router and firewall configuration, Domain controller configuration, Patch management WSUS concept.
- Knowledge on other manufacturer substation Automation software's Knowledge on communication protocol - IEC 61850 , IEC 60870 - 5-101 , 103 ,104, LON , SPA , DPN3 , Modbus etc.
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing.
- Strong background in Protection testing and working with power transmission and distribution protection solutions.
- Working Knowledge of SCADA & RTU's. Demonstrate excellent customer focus.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.