Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. Meet our team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Provide administrative support - prepares correspondence, coordinates meetings, books travel arrangements, maintains files, provide telephone coverage, processes mail
- Liaises between business and immigration consultants (Fragomen)
- May coordinate messages, appointments, information to callers, file maintenance, department office supplies and mail
- Researches, compiles and proofs word processing assignments
- Operates automated office equipment
- Facilitates problem solving for department and customers
- Compiles and analyzes data - i.e. cost tracking, sales orders
- Prepares reports
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties
- Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature
- May be assigned to various functional areas of the company
- 2 - 5 years' experience as an Office Assistant / Office Manager
- Understanding of HR, PR and Administration roles
- Understanding of a sales environment is a plus
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Very good knowledge of MS Office package.
- Previous work experience on SalesForce would be advantageous
- Pragmatic, flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- Able to adapt personal style to suit the wide range of styles and cultures within the organization
- Has a desire to learn and an aptitude for acquiring new skills and product knowledge.
- Possesses a competitive attitude, strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge