Be the technical subject matter expert for the Grid-eMotion Fleet products in Australia, supporting the local teams in selling, delivering, and maintaining innovative charging systems and solutions.
- You will be Australian products and in close relation with the Center of Competence based in Switzerland, real owner of the products composing the Grid-eMotion Fleet offering from hand over of R&D up to warranty and service. The Product Specialist will be responsible of engineering and lead product design changes, if required.
- You will Support teams during project execution, commissioning activities and warranty/service period. Leads problem solving coming from field quality issues in collaboration with service and quality department.
- You will develop and maintain engineering, service and customer documentation.
- You will Product Specialist Grid-eMotion Fleet Australia will provide the technical oversight of the local manufacturing strategy to the product localization team and aiming at meeting local content requirements as well as optimizing the product lifecycle costs.
- You will manage lifecycle of product components (obsolescence acc. to IEC 62402).
- You will be in collaborating with SCM, track and keep a detailed understanding of the product cost structure and drive cost improvements
- You will be the technical support to the sales team during tendering phases
- You will collaborating with global product managers, application engineers and R&D.
- Living Hitachi energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electrical highly preferred plus 5 or more years related experience, including site commissioning experience
- Significant experience in commissioning (e.g. substation)
- Significant competences in drives and automation (e.g. that you can find in substation business): protection & controls, PLC software, power electronics.
- Must have technical mindset to be technical expert to build customer confidence in the product as well as shape product design and manufacturing.
- Able to travel 30 to 40% domestically and internationally.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi in Australia.