Job ID: R0022302
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
You will be part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), a business unit within Hitachi Energy located in Chennai. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. The HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems. In this role you will design authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Complete assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
• Perform studies & finite element simulations during tender and project execution taking into consideration high voltages and currents for HVDC plant design.
• Study and verify the HVDC station design from several different technical aspects such as electric fields, magnetic fields, grounding, lightning protection and dimensioning of conductors.
• Handle the interface with other interfacing departments. Ensuring you understand their needs, and they yours, and to work for a good corporation for best end results together.
• Involvement in projects, tenders, base and R&D work with highly structured approach striving to achieve cost effective solutions fulfilling all the requirements and understanding practical aspects as well.
• Opportunity to explore various technical fields exploring Multiphysics and overall HVDC station design.
• Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical with 3 to 6 years / Master of Engineering in Power Systems with 2 to 4 years.
Should have extensive knowledge of Layout Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Calculations.
Understanding and design of Grounding, Lightning, Insulation and EMF Studies.
Preferably knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards# Proven skills in using computers as a calculation tool.
Preferably experience of power system simulation tools such as CDGES, COMSOL, AutoCAD, NX.
Strong interpersonal communication skill, Fluent English.