Grid Automation is seeking an Account Executive to join its Enterprise Software Sales Team in the United States. The role is responsible for generating new license and professional services revenue from new and named accounts within an assigned territory. The expectation is that 50% of the Sales Executive’s time will be spent face to face with customers and prospects. They will use strategic, consultative selling techniques to grow the Enterprise Software footprint in their geographic territory/industry.
- Develop Sales plans, strategies, and work with the extended Hitachi Energy Sales teams to create final solution presentations design to enhance revenue growth and meet customer needs.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to identify, progress and close opportunities.
- Analyze customer’s needs and recommend solutions that best meets the customers’ requirements.
- Work under general supervision from Regional Sales Leader with autonomy.
- Develop broad relationships with new and named accounts at all levels of the organization by maintaining regular contact with users and timely and valuable communication with executives to demonstrate value and ensure satisfaction.
- Remain knowledgeable of organization’s products/services as well as industry dynamics and news to facilitate sales efforts.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for lead generation.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Promptly follow up on marketing leads, drive attendance to marketing driven events and leverage Grid Automation marketing to build pipeline.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Salesforce.com database.
- Ensure accurate forecasting quarterly by using Salesforce.com for opportunity management.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, escalate as appropriate for timely response.
- Participate in tradeshows
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience.
- History of success developing target market pipeline growth for any related territory.
- Ability to apply a consultative sales approach focused on value and customer outcomes to new and existing customers
- Proven success working within a matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Experience selling into the Construction & Industrial (C&I) market. Experience in mining or transportation industry a plus.
- Manage and set clear, measurable performance goals to achieve sales quota.
- Customer oriented.
- This individual is persuasive and rapidly commands credibility and respect. Possesses excellent presentation and communications skills and is well-versed in representing the company to senior executives; business partners and C-suite executives etc.
- Growth mindset and a continuous learner with the ability to adapt to changing market conditions and willing to share best practices to enhance team capability
- Action oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.