Hitachi Energy Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid. The role's mission is to lead the growth of the Enterprise Software Solutions business in the North American (NAM) HUB (United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Grand Bahamas, US Virgin Islands). This Sales Leader will generate net new orders by selling software solutions to new and existing customers directly and via Channels, with the core focus on the new SaaS and license revenue stream. The role will own the definition and management of the sales plans and growth strategies.
- Strategy leadership: Implement the HUB strategy across the entire region and ensure business development and sales growth in the targeted markets, lead and drives the Hub Enterprise Software sales strategies. Performance targets: Ensure achievement of established business targets through direct ownership of sales strategies, actions, and definition of improvement actions as needed. Focus on achievement of total demand orders (Hitachi Energy and 3rd Party) to grow new software logos.
- Organic growth: Ensure profitable growth in the region by maximizing geographic coverage, channel penetration and focusing on industry segments in the targeted market. Customer relations and quality: Build and maintain strong personal relationships with existing customers, partners, and stakeholders to ensure strong, long-term, strategically profitable relationships, strengthens customers’ perception of Hitachi Energy which is easy to do business with. Is the voice of the customer internally, proactively raises awareness and ensure proper action towards product quality improvement.
- Marketing and sales: Drive Marketing and Sales in the region, including new product launch sales campaigns, drive sales efficiency and effectiveness locally in partnership with all support functions, ensure balanced growth through all support functions, ensure lines/Product Groups/Business Units and create demand through technical promotion, providing solutions and a value base selling approach. Shared services: Ensure agreed service levels are maintained through efficient business, support functions in back-end sales and shared platforms.
- Safety and integrity: Implement Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and business compliance standards and regulations in the area of responsibility, lives the Hitachi Energy values and Group standards.
- Standards and governance: Implement and ensure compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies, and processes related to operations/project execution and share functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization. Ensures the accuracy of the financial statement reported in the country’s by the Local Sales & Marketing function.
- Sales & Customer Satisfaction: Perform sales activities for an assigned geographic area (NAM) and accounts to achieve or exceed set orders objectives, meet new account sales quotas for products and services by closing recognizable contracts. develop sales plans, strategies, and final presentations designed to enhance orders growth and meet customer needs, travel throughout NAM to call on existing and prospective customers to identify opportunities and solicit orders. Analyze customers' needs and recommend a solution that best meets the customers' requirements, work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment, maintain regular contact with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Remain knowledgeable of the organization’s products/services to facilitate sales efforts, compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales lead based on information from newspapers, business directories, Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, ensure client satisfaction and maximize order opportunities within the assigned account base. Promptly follows up on marketing leads and other customer-based actions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 10+ years of experience with an enterprise software asset management regional sales leadership role representing solutions selling, especially in the utilities, power, transport space or large infrastructure segments. Proven track record in operating and leading across multiple countries, associated industrial dynamics and customer players, formal training in a recognized sales methodology such as Miller Heiman, TAS or Solution Selling.
- Experienced in applying these techniques to lead regional marketing and Sales activities, successful new product launch sales campaigns, customer expansion, consistent and successful track record of exceeding multi-$M sales targets with year over year growth, led large successful cross-regional sales team. Confident, credible, C-Level presenter, business value-based sales approach, pro-active self-starter. Ability to work autonomously and high level of travel required. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.