Hitachi Energy is seeking a Director of Product Management for Lumada Asset Performance Management (APM). The position is accountable for the long-term profitable growth and success of the Lumada APM solution from development priorities to commercialization.
The role will report to the VP of Product Management and be part of a growing, global team leading the transformation of an industry leading enterprise software portfolio.
- Market situation analysis Leads market intelligence analysis. Understands and defines current market segmentation and related product positioning. Identifies potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunities.
- Internal/external interface Acts as interface between external market and internal functions (e.g. Sales, Services, and Product Development), ensuring organizational alignment to maximize competitiveness and profitability.
- New product development Defines strategic initiatives to be incorporated into product roadmaps. Sets technical, price, cost and capital expenditure targets. Prioritizes new development projects with responsibility for achievement of targets (product characteristics, time, costs, capital expenditure, pay-back) and coordinating cross functional teams. Owns and approves defined development process stage gates.
- Product market communications Initiates and drives product market communication strategy together with the marketing team.
- Product values Defines product customer value proposition per segment and channel and ensures clear communication to channels and users, to deliver clear product positioning within the portfolio.
- Offering to market & pricing management Responsible for product profitability and margin. Drives the annual business planning process and facilitates agreement between sales demand and supply. Monitors global sales target fulfilment and tender volumes and takes action as appropriate. Defines pricing strategies and manages global frame agreements.
- Organizational enablement Continuously develops product management processes and tools, including interfaces to other key functions and develops sales and tendering tools to support the Sales organization. Initiates creation of external and internal product training modules and programs.
- Innovation Initiates and drives cross functional and cross-organization product and solution innovation teams, monitors development of all standards and market trends and provides inputs to Research & Development (R&D) for patent screening process and intellectual property rights protection.
- People leadership and development Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.