Meet our Team
47Lining, is a Hitachi Vantara Company, that helps customers build, operate and manage state of the art cloud-centric data platforms and solutions for their data-driven businesses. We develop big data solutions and deliver big data managed services built from underlying AWS building blocks like Amazon Redshift, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB, Machine Learning and Elastic MapReduce. We help customers build, operate and manage breathtaking "Data Machines" for their data-driven businesses. We architect solutions that address traditional data warehousing, Internet-of-Things analytics back-ends, predictive analytics and machine learning to open up new business opportunities.
At 47Lining, we believe in building high performance teams who are passionate about what they do. We enjoy learning from each other and our clients, and our spirit of collaboration permeates everything we do.What you'll be doing
We are seeking experienced and versatile Engineers. The ideal contributor will work with a skilled team developing and operating enterprise-grade services backbone products and services supporting industrial process optimization data lakes, agile analytics, and data ops platforms. What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python and / or Java.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full development lifecycle (coding standards and reviews, source management, automated build and testing).
- Proficient in usage of distributed revision control systems with branching, tagging (Git).
- Strong experience with environment and deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, deployment pipeline specification and development.
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with all of their core, compute, networking, storage, security, compliance, serverless, orchestration, and analytics offerings.
- Experience building and maintaining container-based infrastructures (AWS ECS/EKS).
- Good working knowledge of deploying and managing large scale applications and services.
- Specify and manage the provisioning of deployment environments using tools like CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Deliver ongoing releases using tiered pipelines and continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline.
- Support data-centric environments including data replication, log shipping, performance tuning, and backups.
- Define, develop, and maintain monitoring and reporting infrastructure and best practices.
- Excellent documentation habits and writing skills.
- Solution architecture and design.
- Development and Production Environment specification.
- Specification and Implementation of Cloud Operations Standard Operating Procedures.
- Build scripting.
- On-going monitoring and support.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge