High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Solution:
Hitachi Energy is a world leader in the area of High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Transmission. Hitachi Energy was the first to introduce HVDC technologies to the power industry and has delivered solutions for more than 50 years now.
HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) Classic and HVDC Light® are highly efficient alternatives for transmitting bulk power and for special purpose applications. The classic HVDC technology is used to transmit electric power over long distances by overhead transmission lines or submarine cables. It is also used to interconnect separate power systems, where traditional alternating current (AC) connections cannot be used. HVDC Light® is an underground and submarine cable power transmission technology developed by Hitachi Energy that offers additional benefits compared to HVDC Classic.
Read more at HVDC | Hitachi Energy
Modular Advanced Control for HVDC (MACH™):
MACH control system is the brain in HVDC transmission systems. Modular Advanced Control for HVDC (MACH™) control provides advanced fault registration and remote control functions. The system is designed to run 24/7 for thirty years or more, allowing the HVDC system to be controlled and protected in the most reliable way throughout its lifetime.
The system consists of the station control and monitoring servers, operator workstations, control and protection main computers, digital signal processor units, I/O systems and valve control units.
- Supporting Global R&D projects by adapting the HVDC base Control and Protection software (MACH) based on the provided study reports and performing the HIL (Hardware in loop) testing in the lab environment.
- Setting up and maintaining the lab environment for the different HVDC R&D projects.
- Developing Control and Protection solutions encompassing full development cycle (design to delivery) for the future HVDC technologies, ongoing HVDC projects and other business units.
- Performing pre studies for the proposed Control and Protection ideas using EMT tools and identifying the right solutions.
- Performing power system Protection studies using EMT tools based on project requirement to optimize the fault detection algorithms and setting philosophies.
- Developing the automated testing solutions using secondary injection test kits to perform the protection testing in the HVDC projects to improve the quality and productivity.
- Developing test cases using EMT tools for the testing of HVDC Control and Protection functions in the virtual environment.
- Functional type testing of AC protection functions as per the IEC standards using secondary injection kits and real time simulation environment and get the certification done from the authorized external laboratories.
- Supporting projects in resolving the issues related to Control and Protection functions.
- Identifying the deviations from the technical specifications from different grid owners and proposing ideas and solutions to address the same.
- Analyzing the competitor technologies to identify the gaps in our solutions and address the same to be ahead in the global market.
- Suggest new improvements, which really aids our business related to Control and Protection functions.
- Co-ordinating with different stake holders across the business units to get inputs to optimize the solutions for the Global HVDC projects and R&D activities.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BE/BTECH in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Knowledge and/or experiences in at least of one of the following areas: HVDC, Electric Power System Analysis, Protection Relays, Automatic Control Theory, Power System Simulation.
- Should understand different Control and Protection schematics of a HV/LV electrical substation.
- Basic knowledge about communication protocols like IEC61850, MODBUS etc and SAS system.
- Should have experience in developing the test cases for the Protection function testing using secondary test kits like Omicron, Doble etc.
- Knowledge on PSCAD, MATLAB, or any other simulation software available for electric power system and control system and RTDS, Hyper Sim, or any other electric power system simulators is an added advantage.
- Knowledge about HVDC Control and Protection system will be considered as a plus.
- Automation of test cases using the python, Omicron etc scripts is an added advantage.
Soft Skills & Personal Leadership
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good intercultural sensitivity
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Training and Mentoring skills