Global Product Specialist – Mainstream Large Power Transformers
Hitachi Energy is seeking candidates to work as a part of the Global Product Group (GPG) Power Transformers. The Global Product Specialist (GPS) will work directly with the Global Product Manager (GPM) and collaborate with our worldwide network of R&D centers and local businesses to capture and translate customer requirements into improvements of existing solutions and set direction for development of new products.
The GPS work will participate in technical meetings, international standards development, and contribute to industry knowledge by preparing white papers and presentations on mainstream large power transformer technology.
The GPS as part of the team and in his role will be accountable to ensure competitiveness of products, strong value differentiation and technological leadership for the Mainstream Large Power Transformers portfolio with focus on customer satisfaction and profitable growth.
1. Market technical analysis and offering to market
- Follow and understand international standards, customer specification requirements and their impact on the power transformer portfolio.
- Conduct evaluations of market requirements and trends, including identification of technical product gaps or competitiveness opportunities and informs GPMs, AEs, TCs and Hub Engineering Teams
- Translate customers / market requirements into technical requirement specifications. Prepares technical communication materials (white papers), presentations and support new product launches.
- Provides sales support, participates in customer meetings or market events, and attends trade shows on request to better identify their needs,
- Supports marketing programs and ensures appropriate training material is available for use both internally and externally.
2. Technical Portfolio development
- Supports the Regional Product Managers and Application Engineers in identifying technical gaps within Mainstream Large Power Transformers Portfolio. Takes lead and responsibility for product technical specifications,
- Support the Global Product Manager in developing the business case for product developments.
- Participates in the R&D generation of ideas and approves the Technical outcomes of the R&D projects.
- Provides technical oversight and support for new product homologation processes.
- Support the Global Product Manager in the definition of the technical implications of the initiatives for the Global and Regional competitiveness programs.
- Follows up the Product Line Quality KPIs and supports technically Quality in the RCA preparation and the corrective action plan elaboration.
- Ensures the technical product documentation is available and maintained.
- Develops training material for new products and agrees with Hub Application Engineers on the training programs.
- Supports transfer of technology activities
- MSc or BSc Engineering degree.
- 10+ years in transformer engineering including electrical design, experience from working in a factory with production process and cost structure understanding
- Strong technical knowledge of the power transformers portfolio.
- Experience with complex quotation and orders including customer design reviews and meetings; specification analyzes.
- International experience with different customers and product standards
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Structured and analytical thinking.
- Networking and leadership
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English, experience with writing technical papers or reports