We are currently seeking a Production Worker to join our Power Grids division and perform general labor to manufacture world-class transformers for the high voltage & power transformer markets within our Crystal Springs, MS facility. Openings are in Assembly, Winding, Case and High Voltage Integrated Technology.
Under general supervision, you will be expected to follow specific directions to perform tasks in an assigned area in a heavy manufacturing environment. Assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Perform duties in a manner fully compliant with prevailing safety and quality procedures and policies. Maintain housekeeping standards.
- May use engineering drawings to wind, assemble, and fabricate product ensuring the highest quality product to meet customer requirements and delivery.
- Manually assemble material used in transformer manufacturing; very hands on process.
- Winders will operate semi-automatic and manual winding machines.
- In some areas operate machinery to fabricate material such as coil, insulation, wire, etc., used in transformer manufacturing.
- Use computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs, etc.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, check sheets, etc.
- Operate various types of cranes and fork trucks to aid in material handling.
- Continually monitor quality of work, addressing and resolving inquiries and problems.
- Participate in continuous improvements initiatives.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Interface with other departments to accurately communicate information.
- Must be willing to cross train in multiple skills.
- Assist in the training of other employees.
- Must be a team player but able to work independently.
- Available to work overtime as required including weekends and holidays.
- Available to work any shift in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by management.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Have at least three years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Have a high school degree or GED.
- Must be able to read and comprehend safety procedures, work instructions and assembly drawings.
- Ability to stand/walk for a 8 hour plus shift both inside and outside of the facility.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. over your head repeatedly.
- Ability to push/pull weight repeatedly over a 8 hour plus shift.
- Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hands.
- Ascending or descending ladders that require the use of both feet, legs, hands and arms.