Hitachi Energy is seeking a Project Construction & Commissioning Manager (PCCM) for its Raleigh, NC location. The scope of the PCCM is to manage and drive Construction and Commissioning processes and activities related to project scope. The PCCM is located offshore supporting the accomplishment of the site execution and the management of the site which is performed by the site manager.
- Organize and conduct Kick Off meeting for the C&C Team Prepare initial Plan for Storage Location and Identification and Preservation.
- Prepare initial Maintenance plan site specific spare parts Handling.
- Identify Construction responsibilities as per tendered budget and roles.
- Review scope, budget, and risk & opportunities of the contract together with the corresponding and responsible construction departments.
- Coordinate and lead handover process from tendering to construction, reviewing construction and commissioning scope, schedule and budget, including risk and opportunities organize, drive and participate in the review and approval of the constructability strategy performed during the notice to proceed and Site mobilization milestones, and implement at execution in collaboration with Site Manager.
- The PCCM shall base this review on the Constructability reviews performed during the tendering phase.
- Drive in coordination with the assigned Site Manager, the Site activities startup and preparation process, ensuring that a site execution plan is in place, that all need applications and platforms for a project are identified and set-up, including but not limited to the site procurement strategy and process, site mobilization process and site financial management Ensure proper acquaintance and understanding of applicable laws and regulations for a site, including but not limited to, labor laws and working hours, permits and licenses, mobilization strategy, specific HSE trainings and project specific certifications for resources and related Initially prepare and arrange to take possession of the site.
- Develop and plan temporary and permanent site infrastructure together with the Site Manager Represent the site team in actions related to the home office Monitor and report on regular basis the overall construction execution, cost and man loading forecast and planning.
- Develop and implement mitigation plans in conjunction with the Site Manager and Construction department heads.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree (comparable with bachelor or master) in engineering, technical and managerial field Project and Finance Management and a 5 years experience within project management Experience in HVDC or Power Plant EPC Business.
- In addition to experience working on construction sites Leadership - needs to be excellent in the management of employees and managers, tools and other resources.
- Must show excellent capabilities in the explanation of complex technical issues and working processes Communication - strong ability to communicate verbal and in written English with preferably a second language Time management Social and self-competence.
- Ability to see "Big picture" as well as a "Detailed picture" Quality assurance awareness.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.