Hitachi Energy is seeking a Field Service Engineer. GES for its West Coast customer base. This role is responsible to encompasses the performance of aftermarket services and support for the installed base, as well as supporting the project execution team turning on microgrid and BESS systems. This would involve performing preventative maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, and warranty repairs on microgrid and battery energy storage systems (BESS), as well as participating in factory testing and system commissioning activities. It also involves the development and implementation of proactive services responsive to customer requirements. The position also includes the coordination of investigations of customer-reported issues and assisting to achieve equitable solutions for our customers.
- Service delivery: Performs medium to high complex Service tasks like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades, and retrofits; repair independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades, and retrofit, end of life service, etc.).
- Customer Approach: Ensures customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer orders and expectations. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifies new sales opportunities and takes influence in convincing the client of the complete service portfolio.
- Materials and supply: Coordinates, prepares, and ensures that all materials, parts, and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities. Prepares standard lists for ease of work. Documentation and reports: Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follow up when needed. Create standards or job durations. Troubleshooting: Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots complex equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Operational excellence: Proactively identifies suggestions for product, quality, and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes.
- Health, safety, and integrity: Actively ensures that HSE practices are of a high standard. Works to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents. Processes and Tools: Consistently applies functional processes considering links to other teams. Travel: 75% to customers in the West Coast (California & Alaska)
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering OR Associate degree in a related field, and 5 to 8 years of experience; OR a special combination of education, experience, and demonstrated performance.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Knowledge of large industrial electrical equipment including high, medium, and low voltage power electronics, switchgear, energy storage systems, and power generation.
- Experience with IT systems, including networking. Familiarity with power systems frequency and voltage control philosophy.
- Experience with control systems, including the ability to configure and modify controls to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Ability to manage customer relationships, promoting Company brand and high level of customer satisfaction. Working knowledge of IEEE/ANSI, NEMA, NETA, API, and PIP standards.
- Ability to design, modify, and check control single-line and three-line diagrams, and electrical schematic diagrams for control of power conversion and storage equipment.
- Ability to design, modify, and check electrical connection diagrams, interconnection diagrams, and wire lists.
- Ability to understand and confirm designs of customer or vendor-supplied electrical drawings including MV and LV control schematics, protection schemes, and metering requirements.
- Ability to perform, per applicable codes and standards, cable sizing, conduit fill calculations, voltage drop calculations, panel board breakers sizing, and layouts.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with power electronics products/systems such as Energy Storage Systems, Statcom, and Static Frequency Converters (SFC). Experience with Company products such as PCS100, and AC800 is desirable.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with PLC components and programming.
- Experience with current Company products such as AC800M, AC500, RTU is desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.