Meet our Team
US - REMOTE (EST/CST)
This position is with Hitachi Digital, LLC, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. and not with Hitachi Vantara. We have an amazing opportunity to be part of a large and growing corporate development team of a +113-year global Japanese conglomerate with wide ranging businesses in diverse industries such as Energy, Industrials and Technology. As part of Hitachi Digital, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd., you will work on the bleeding edge technology innovation across software, hardware, and services, on technology capacities that are defining the fourth industrial revolution. As a M&A Junior Strategic Analyst for part of the Mergers and Acquisitions team, you will play a crucial role for Hitachi Digital as it seeks to triple the size of its global business by 2027 and as such the role will give the ideal candidate a fantastic opportunity for hands on experience in sourcing, shaping deals, M&A execution, post-merger integration and business strategy. If you are a self-starter, looking for an entrepreneurial role, a go-getter with strong technical skills, a can do attitude and a solid understanding of technology, trends and the forces shaping the enterprise landscape, this is a great opportunity to be part of a global company that has a long term outlook to success and innovation, a deep social commitment to its stakeholders and an M&A team that knows how to balance working hard and playing hard!
Come join Hitachi Corporate Development and realize your career aspirations. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Play an integral role on several acquisition, integrations, and strategic projects simultaneously
- Execute the integration plan and timeline in collaboration with the Integration Manager and other Department Leaders
- Communicate appropriate initiatives and deliverables to M&A team and stakeholders
- Update integration tracking tools for various M&A integrations and other strategic initiatives
- Develop acquisition memos and update integration dashboard for internal and external stakeholders, including materials for the Board of Directors
- Communicate project priorities and for key stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align resources to integration plans
- Support other strategic integration initiatives of the broader business
- 4 to 8 years of experience in consulting
- Banking/Consulting - traditional FTE, Deloitte/KMPG, etc. or big 5 (Deloitte, E&Y)
- Financial services/M&A advisory, capital markets advisory or investment banking or consulting (if consulting - technology vertical).
- Big 4 - practices evaluation assessment to digital, accounting/financial services - variety of practices - helpful/rigorous framework - work on those assignments.
- Very strong communication skills - hands on self-starter, low maintenance attitude.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
Depending on geographic location and experience, the comp range is $100,000 - $130,000
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge