Hitachi Energy Grid Integration Service seeks a Service Project Manager who will be responsible for CustomerSupport and Project Management associated with high-voltage direct current transmission systems (HVDC)and high-voltage power quality systems. The ideal candidate will hold an engineering degree and technicalexperience to perform the above tasks contributing to the successful execution of Grid Integration projects inthe areas of customer satisfaction, cost forecasting and control, scheduling, Health and Safety, quality, andperformance.
- Be a single point of contact for customers for their needs.
- Take full ownership of customer-related issues and drives them to completion with internal and external suppliers and team members.
- Work cohesively with Global Execution Centers to address site issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accessible outside of regular working hours for issue resolution and response
- Drive all activities on assigned projects/services and reports to management on status.
- Manage remote work crews and specialized engineers.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail while adhering to Hitachi Energy processes for project execution.
- Assure Hitachi Energy’s commitments to customers are met, in accordance with the contract.
- Set customer expectations to assure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Utilize Full Cost Calculation/Model to develop new opportunities while controlling current project costs and cash flows.
- Engage customers, suppliers, and internal finance to ensure that payments are timely and correct.
- Participate in the negotiation of project-specific terms and conditions with legal counsel.
- Report status/ progress to the customer and others with appropriate detail and raises potential project issues to relevant stakeholders early.
- Utilize negotiation skills for scope and change management to actively pursue additional possibilities for increased revenue.
- Ensure the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Identifies risks and mitigation alternatives associated with project activities and proactively pursues a decided-upon mitigation approach.
- Work actively with Supply Chain Management to obtain Coordinates/direct project transportation and logistics.
- Review the status of critical suppliers’ progress and include it in the overall schedule.
- Build wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization.
- Gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing, and negotiating; Manages conflict.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum of 5 years in one or combination of the following disciplines: Project Management; Field Service; Project Engineering; Customer support. Must have proven accomplishments.
- Clearly demonstrates critical thinking to address issues which in certain circumstances may need to be expedited in emergency situations to minimize downtime of customers’ critical assets.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with Hitachi Energy and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project-related activities and issues.
- Knowledge of Project Management skills such as critical path and risk identification and mitigation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a desire to deliver to customers a quality, completed project that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Self-starter who drives issues to close and is as comfortable taking a leadership role as being a team member.
- Negotiation skills for interaction with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of SAP, MS project, Visio, MSWORD and MSEXCEL
- Experience from FACTS and/or HVDC projects is an advantage.
- Experience in Preventive / Corrective Maintenance activities associated with Flexible AC Transmission systems (FACTS), High Voltage DC (HVDC), or HV Substations.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.