Seeking experienced Engineering/Procurement/Construction (EPC) Project Manager with proven track record of successful execution of Power Systems/FACTS/ Power Delivery projects safely, on time and within budget. Candidate shall be able to demonstrate the following:
- Support proposal efforts by introducing and promoting innovation, cost saving ideas, and value-added solutions to the overall system design concept.
- On-site assessment and evaluation of existing equipment, steel structures, foundations, etc., in so called “brown field” substation projects
- Providing expertise and support to the proposal and project teams in validating sub-contractor bids, and in negotiating sub-contracts for electrical substation and switchyard projects
- Conform Hitachi Energy Bid packages with Customer Project Documents:
- Review customer Request for Proposals / Quotations (RFPs / RFQs), and Hitachi Energy’s proposals to ensure conformance with the bid package by:
- Identifying and clarifying technical ambiguities and conflicts in the documents
- Identifying potential or probable risk during construction and installation
- Developing mitigation strategies for identified risks
- Work with the proposal team to ensure that the sub-contractor scope of work is clearly defined, that contract Terms & Conditions include appropriate flow downs, and that risks are properly allocated between Hitachi Energy and the sub-contractors
- Validate Sub-Contractor Bids:
- Analyze sub-contractor bid responses for inconsistencies, oversights and mistakes
- Lead sub-contractor bid reviews to resolves bid response inconsistencies, oversights and mistakes
- Provide cost recommendations to the proposal team based on the bid review analysis
- Support the development of single-line diagrams, layout drawings, raceway systems, grounding systems, station service and BOMs for substation/FACTs design packages.
- Perform technical, cost savings, and constructability reviews of design packages from internal engineering, outsourced sub-contractor engineering and equipment factories.
- Generate equipment specifications, monitor vendor technical compliance and witness factory acceptance testing.
- Experience in HV STATCOM, SVC, and Series Capacitors
- Experience in Civil Design Requirements for a Substation/FACTs projects
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Project Planning and Scheduling:
- Develop and manages overall Project Execution plan in order to meet the Project objectives and Customer’s expectations.
- Define project scope of work, goals and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain the overall CPM project schedule, including all necessary schedule updates (e.g. status, task relationships, cost loading, resources, etc.).
- Optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local Hitachi Energy organization and through subcontracted companies.
- Work with Hitachi Energy and Client EHS personnel to develop and enforce Project Specific Safety plan.
- Consider close out activities and influences for an early close out.
- Manage all Hitachi Energy commitments to Customer ensuring that all expectations are met, in accordance with contract.
- Seek to improve Customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent Customer interaction.
- Provide Project Management support (e.g. statement of work, division of work, soft cost estimates, baseline schedules) to marketing on complex project proposals.
Project Financial and Cost Management:
- Manage and control project budget to ensure a positive cash flow throughout the duration of project.
- Manage project budget to ensure that the project financials are accurate as it pertains to revenue, cost and income forecasts.
- Utilize EVMS to evaluate overall health of project and identifies operational changes needed for to meet project performance targets.
Legal and Contract Management for Projects:
- Assist Legal with the negotiation of project specific terms and conditions.
- Understand T&C application to project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance and risk factors.
- Utilize contract terms and conditions to maximize cash-flow, margin and to limit liabilities, e.g. through insurance.
- Monitor and report status/ progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail relating to potential project issues and risks.
- Prepare monthly internal and external progress reports detailing current status of the project as it relates to engineering, procurement and construction.
- Prepare all necessary monthly reports required by Customer in order to meet their expectations.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports depicting current project status and forecasted project costs and income.
Project Risk and Opportunity Management:
- Identify, assesses, and mitigate risks associated with the project including all necessary notifications to management.
- Identify and develop opportunities on project; monitor for best Hitachi Energy return.
- Actively seeks to increase Hitachi Energy’s sales volume with customers across all lines of business.
Procurement Management for Projects:
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management in development of Project Procurement and Subcontracting plans.
- Responsible for Diverse Supplier participation including setting goals, monitoring status, and implementing actions to ensure goals are met.
- Prepare bid packages, with assistance from engineering, and provides to Supply Chain to obtain qualified quotations from suppliers and contractors. This shall include develop of scope of work and division of work for each package.
- Assist Supply Chain with pre-bid meetings, RFPs, bid evaluation and award of purchase orders.
- Proactively pursues justifiable change orders and manages in accordance with Supply Chain processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, construction management or related field with 5+ years of experience and at least 1 year as an APM.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Experience delivering turnkey substation projects is an advantage and certification as Project Management Professional is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to achieve cooperation, negotiate and reach agreement with customers and suppliers.
- Requires strong technical and business skills to evaluate and solve complex technical and financial problems and to cost effectively meet tight schedules that may involve multiple projects, while ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to Company objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.