Over 60 years ago, Hitachi Energy introduced a new way of transmitting electricity across long distances with minimum losses – High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC). We can now deliver up to 12 gigawatts of power at voltage levels of up to 1100 kV, covering distances of more than 3,000 kilometers. Also, HVDC is key enabler for integrating renewable sources like offshore wind farms in continental power grid. Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. Now we are looking for enthusiasts who would like to strengthen our growing team in Hitachi Energy Technology Center in Krakow, contributing to the heart of HVDC station: Modular Advanced Control for HVDC (MACH™).
That control system is designed to run 24/7 for thirty years or more, handling for all control and protection functions. Development in Krakow covers High-Speed digital control boards, I/O Measurements systems and Power Electronics control & protection circuits. As a part of global R&D organization you will cooperate on daily bases with colleagues from MACH™ teams in Sweden and India, all working under same Agile framework (SAFe), developing End-to-End solutions integrating electronic hardware, FPGA, and embedded software.
You will join HW Electronics team lead by Yuriy Puchkov, applying your knowledge and skills in technology and/or product development.
- You will see how your personal efforts converted to real products, impacting evolution of electrical grids, making it more green, reliable, and resilient.
- You will work in comfortable office with great transport communication (near central station), with modern equipment in our brand-new on-site laboratory area.
- Our organization will support your competence development, knowledge sharing, work-life balance, harmony of diversity.
- Our teammates are open-minded, friendly and working in good spirit.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of hardware platform for HVDC Control & Protection system, from idea, requirements, simulations, prototyping, testing up to release & sustaining production.
- Take care of robust design, including analogue/digital electronics, high speed, optoelectronics, gate drivers, power electronic, etc…
- Do conceptual design of hardware platform based on initial requirements, influence technology based on your knowledge and experience.
- Work with simulations, parts selection, schematics, and layout.
- Do prototyping, validating, and testing. Care of testing infrastructure and environment.
- Prepare and manage technical documentation.
- Drive technical reviews and project planning.
- Participate in process and tools improvement activities.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- At least Master/Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years’ hardware design professional experience of analogue and digital circuits.
- Practical knowledge of hardware design process and tools (e.g. SPICE, Altium, PADS, Zuken CADSTAR…).
- Experience with laboratory test and measurement equipment and circuit boards testing.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and good communication skills.
- Awareness of relevant industry standards and methodology.
- English language – Intermediate / B1 / Technical communication.
- It would be advantage:
- Experience with high-speed electronics circuits and interfaces (FPGA, CPUs, Memories, Backplanes…)
- Experience with PCB layout design and PCBA manufacturing
- Experience with Power Electronics (gate drivers, power supplies)
- Experience with fiber optics communication
- Experience in EMC, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity
- Experience in FPGA design or Embedded programming
- Familiar with R&D process and tools, risk and IP management
- Experience in project management