Hitachi Rail USA is seeking a Senior HSE Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position will be based in the Hagerstown, MD Area.
- Establish document, implement and maintain the HSE Management System in accordance with the Global Business Management System, ISO 14001 and 45001 specifications, and internal company procedures;
- Ensure and maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state and local regulatory bodies;
- Develop programs to comply with regulatory agencies, and the requirements of the Global Business Management System;
- Promote H&S Awareness by establishing policies and strategies according to company requirements;
- Support hazard identification, risk assessment process; determine and implement necessary control measures in the plant;
- Identify legislative and other requirements through the keeping of a Legal and Other Requirements Register, working with the project team to maintain compliance and
- Establish a project Legal and Other Requirements Inspection, H&S Inspection, and an Internal Auditing Program.
- Develop HSE strategy and plan HSE objectives and targets.
- Lead the identification of areas for improvement of HSE performance at the site according to ISO 45001 and GBMS expectations turning those areas for improvement into actionable objectives and targets;
- Monitor HSE performance and generate an annual HSE Review in accordance with ISO 45001 and GBMS Procedures;
- Oversee the collection of HSE metrics and benchmarking data;
- Support engagement of team members through H&S Communication, Participation and Consultation;
- Schedule and coordinate annual HSE Management Review Meetings for the plant;
- Support the development of and completion of Corrective Action Plans and Continual Improvement Plans for nonconformities and opportunities for improvement identified;
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Training Administration to ensure identification of employee HSE training needs. Deliver safety and environmental training programs, or outsource as needed;
- Collaborate with the Facilities department and local response agencies to establish an Emergency Response Program, Emergency Response Team, and ensure staff receive training against the Program;
- Collaborate with Facilities on implementation of environmental programs for Hazardous Waste, Residual Waste, Storm Water, Waste Water, and global sustainability initiatives;
- Utilize Hitachi Rail’s digital HSE software platform, EcoOnline, to manage performance metrics against Key Performance Indicators, create HSE Dashboards, manage actions that correspond to incident management, hazard reports and audit findings;
- Lead HSE Committees;
- Create an HSE Onboarding program;
- Collaborate with the insurance carrier to identify dedicated medical facilities and panels of physicians;
- Develop Emerengecy Response Program;
- Support company Wellbeing Initiatives;
- Support other Health &Safety Operations as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Environment Management;
- 10+ years managing safety in a Manufacturing Industry;
- Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience;
- Experience integrating into functional teams and engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA Regulations;
- Implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment;
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism;
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations;
- Ability to travel within the US;
- A valid Driver’s License.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ Years of HSE experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Lead ISO 45001 Auditor Certification;
- Experience developing and implementing internal auditing programs;
- Experience with Human and Organizational Performance Management techniques;
- Master’s Degree in an Occupational Safety and Health DisciplineCertified Safety Professional (CSP).
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers/ It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.