We are currently seeking a seasoned sales professional to serve our Hitachi Energy business as an Account Manager and contribute to our Sales team focused on renewable customers. This position will be based in the Chicago, IL area.
The Account Manager is a critical part of Hitachi Energy’ strategy. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important renewable customers. Assigned to one or more accounts, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. The Account Manager represents the entire range of products, systems and services Hitachi Energy offers to a certain account. The Account Manager will lead the account planning cycle and ensure their needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Account Strategies: Participate in the development of sales strategies for account by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales Targets: Define and propose sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow-up process. Manage / achieve both overall & business unit specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the account; takes accountability for the monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the overall account or the specifically assigned product lines (per the direction of the Sales Manager).
- Account Plan/Account management: Lead the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer Relations: Establish and develop account relationships based on a defined strategy. Manage meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization.
- Market Activity: Monitor competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Portfolio Management: Promote frame agreements with customers to simplify the business process; represents / promotes products, systems, & services across all divisions, business units, & factories represented by the Account Manager; and demonstrate ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution.
- Customer Insight: Develop / maintain detailed understanding of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provide insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
- Industry & Market Knowledge: Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented (including, but not limited to, technical & commercial feedback in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s ethics & compliance guidelines).
- Customer & Strategy Teamwork: Participate with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & execute account plans; deliver new insights and connect experts to the customer while respectfully challenging the status quo; actively engages in critical project touch points, anticipate the need for intervention & escalation, and take action to initiate such communication.
- Marketing: Coordinate the use of internal and/or external resources in order to introduce meaningful concepts & solutions for the customer; this may include trade show / exposition attendance, Account Manager-initiated customer entertainment activities, executive round tables, and/or organizing more technology-specific events for your customers.
- Administration: Enter & maintain relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, or a master’s degree with an equivalent of 3 years of experience in technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and/or Marketing.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- High percentage of travel will be required.
- Degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and/or Marketing are preferred. However, other disciplines will be considered with proven technical selling aptitude.
- This position must also have experience in sales or business development working with clients in the renewable market.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related field is preferred; Business Administration-oriented programs will also be considered.
- Recent experience working with power products and solutions.
- Recent experience working with the sales & marketing of Power Distribution products (e.g., transformer systems, switchgear, circuit breakers, etc.)
- Experience with SalesForce.Com
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, relationship management qualities, and leadership abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.