Hitachi Energy is inviting experienced professionals to join North American Engineering Design Center at the regional headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina as a Sr. Bushing Engineering Specialist. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity to talented engineers into a central hub team to support in-demand engineering activities and will also serve as a liaison between North America Transformer team and Technology Product Group in Europe.
This opportunity offers a great place to work in Engineering Design Center in an attractive location, which allows us to take advantage of a strong, diverse pool of engineering talent developed by the presence of so many well-known educational institutions. This is one of the best opportunity for qualified candidates around the country and the world, who are interested in participating in the clean energy transition with one of the leading transformer manufacturers in the world.
- To analyze bushing design for problem-solving, process design, and product application support.
- Ability to work with marketing and engineering team to understand solutions to meet customer needs.
- Robust understanding of the IEEE & IEC Standards, as well as NAM market requirements.
- Experience in the construction techniques, configuration, and technology theory of finely graded condenser bushings.
- Deep understanding of materials including but not limited to porcelain, aluminum, both conductor grade and structural, brass, bronze, epoxy, glass, paper (other cellulose materials), epoxies and oils.
- Able to analyze Mechanical and structural requirements for condenser bushings (including seismic analysis)
- Analyze and evaluate good bolting practices (ID threads, OD threads, torque values, etc.)
- Proficient in good sealing practices with a variety of sealing systems that utilize FKM, NBR and CR materials in differing shapes.
- Understanding manufacturing drawings, specifications, manufacturing techniques of components used in condenser bushings, including metal casting (sand, permanent, and die), plastics thermoset and epoxy (poured, injected, cast), plastics injection molded, metal forming (cast, drawn, forged), porcelain (extruded or thrown).
- To be a liaison in NAM with our Global Technical Center in new developments and R&D Projects.
- Perform FEA, electrical & electromagnetic field stress and thermal stress as it relates to finely graded condenser bushings and support SCM in Cost Out initiatives.
- Understand and interpret oil analysis, general chemistry, and DGA.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Electromechanical or other relevant engineering field from an Accredited University with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Working experience with epoxy and chemical processing is highly desired. As well as PTC products, including Creo 4.0, Windchill, mechanical simulations or any 3D CAD modeling software is highly desired.
- Work experience with Windchill data management or any PLM software is highly desired. Additional experience with developing electromechanical products (preferably with medium to high voltage power transformer bushings), is highly desired and an added advantage.
- Travel & Location: Position will be in Raleigh, NC. However, candidate will have to travel to R&D training facility in Zurich, Switzerland and visits to Alamo, TN for initial technical training. Also there will be periodic business travel involved to Alamo, TN, USA; Zurich, Switzerland; Ludvika, Sweden; Turkey etc
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.