Basic Function: Plan, execute and lead, with minimal professional guidance, technical field assignments involving the installation, modification, test, commissioning or repair of High Voltage equipment in the range of 69kV through 550kV
- Perform field service operations that present usual or unusual problems requiring solid technical skills.
- Execute or supervise the installation and commissioning of high voltage substation equipment (69kV through 550kV)
- Supervise electricians and contractors, hired by Hitachi Energy or provided by the customer.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on High Voltage equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying own knowledge and experience.
- Perform and document field tests such as electrical tests, SF6 leak detection, gas analysis, timing, power factor, contact resistence
- Compile and evaluate data to determine and resolve operating problems or malfunctions.
- Conduct inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs, and assist in determining resource requirements.
- Develop recommendations and prepare written reports.
- Maintain detailed records and logs.
- Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team efforts.
- Often work non standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
- Travel estimated at 80%
- Reside or willing to relocate to Atlanta metro/GA or Boston metro / MA.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Complexity of Tasks:
- Assignments require thorough understanding of Company products and equipment applied on high voltage substations.
- General understanding of engineering concepts and principles, construction techniques and ability to communicate effectively.
- Commissioning experience carrying out high voltage tests.
- Handling of SF6 Sulfur Hexafluoride gas. Requires ability to select most effective approaches and adapting standard practices and procedures to resolve technical problems.
- Requires good communications skills.
- Decisions and actions are based on individual knowledge and experience, and may affect quality, delay schedules and result in rework as assignments are not subject to close scrutiny. Complex problems are referred to supervisor.
- Technical certificate in an electrical or mechanical related field and total of 5+ years of High Voltage Substations and equipment (>69kV) at field assignments supervising erection and testing. Alternatively, experience with similar equipment (electrical and/or mechanical) on a military assignment may be considered.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Preferable Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Proven leadership experience coordinating and leading crew on electrical projects installation.
- Experience working with Power Utilities
- Reading of electrical drawings and schematics
- Knowledge to operate test equipment, such as CB timers, power factor, TTR, ductor, CT testers, Megger
- Familiarity with windows applications
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.