Supervise a team of High Voltage / Substation Service Engineers and Service Technicians and contribute to the execution of the Service strategy and Service growth by focusing on delivering timely, high-quality, cost-effective service offerings, solutions and projects (e.g. field service, repair) for customers. Drive Service achievements through effective planning and allocation of resources in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Ensure planning and execution of various Service activities carried out both off and on site.
- Drive and monitors Service execution with respect to the agreed terms of schedule, quality, cost, margin, and customer satisfaction.
- Allocate, drive and monitor work to projects based on order content, delivery time, competencies and workload.
- Effectively utilizes available resources through proper planning and scheduling to meet delivery targets (e.g. OTD, response time, ordered service offerings, update of installed based data).
- Ensure that materials and components to feed Service delivery are provided optimizing cost, stock and timing.
- Collaborate within local service units and with other Service teams to promote Hitachi Energy approach towards customers.
- Build sustainable customer relationships to ensure local client growth, satisfaction, and retention together with Sales.
- Drive consistent development of processes and practices based on customer feedback (Net Promoter Score (NPS)).
- Drive continuous service productivity improvement activities in the assigned Service team in collaboration with the Operational Excellence team.
- Utilize efficient tools to streamline Service processes and applications to support the customer.
- Ensure the transfer of Service findings to the product/system local units for improvement of their offerings.
- Ensure compliance with Group health, safety and environmental directives, and ensures instructions and regulations are implemented well within the team (including subcontractors), while monitoring and reporting progress and results.
- Assess risks and safety hazards and implements actions to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, resourced and
- Ensure all Field Service team members are certified in line with global certification and local regulations.
- Review competence levels to ensure each Service Engineer (including subcontractors) is appropriately qualified to handle jobs assigned to them.
- Candidate must reside or relocate to Atlanta metro/GA or Boston metro/MA.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience is required working within the field service or construction management field, in substation, switchgears or high voltage equipment (voltages from 69kV to 550kV). Must know and understand safety procedures for working in energized, high voltage equipment and substations.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in an electrical or mechanical related field, however combination of education and directly applicable experience will be considered, including a total of 7+ years of High Voltage Substations and equipment at field assignments supervising erection and testing.
- Proven leadership experience coordinating and leading crew on electrical projects installation.
- Proven Experience working with Power Utilities.
- The candidate shall also be able to read and understand documents such as contracts and specifications; read, understand and interpret construction drawings; Read of installation drawings, electrical drawings and schematics.
- Candidates must be able to spend substantial of time on site standing or walking over rough, uneven or broken terrain, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting and carrying weights up to 40 pounds. Ability to communicate articulately verbally and in writing.
- The candidate shall be computer proficient; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, especially Word and Excel; able to use Outlook e-mail software, SharePoint and MS Project; able to prepare neat and readable reports, spreadsheets and other documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.