Hitachi Energy Grid Integration support customers in creating stronger, smarter and greener grids adapted to meet the needs of the changing power landscape. Our system solutions are designed and delivered to provide the highest lifecycle value with the lowest risk.
As Sales Manager, Grid Integration – Region East, will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in the Kolkata, you will be responsible for securing orders for Grid Integration solutions within the region in line with Business targets and strategy. You will be responsible for enquiry generation from an early stage, promoting Grid integration offerings, push for Grid Integration Strategy, closely working with Bids & Proposals team and other business units on those enquiries, updating Sales force, developing a winning strategy through capture teams, preparing the market price, identifying and nurturing key stakeholders (customer, consultants, regulators, etc.), supporting bidding process and negotiating until contracts are successfully signed.
Within Hitachi Energy you will work in Region East and coordinate activities with local team members and backend sales functions. You will plan and ensure execution of the GPQS/Hub / BL sales strategy for Grid Integration to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for systems & services in a profitable way.
- Support exceeding the sales targets through high performance and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction ensure that the business substantially increases sales, margins, market share and customer satisfaction in the Indian market segments.
- Develop and implement a market-based strategy including EPC Channel and direct project sales approach for both short-/mid-term project bidding as well as long-term pipeline and opportunity development.
- Build relationships with key external influencers to educate, inform and solicit support for new Hitachi Energy ventures and technical developments.
Sales Strategic alignment:
- Identify target customers, projects in India and EPCs to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Ensure appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions with the business units.
- Create, plan and implement a clear sales strategy for Grid Integration solutions in India, including sales initiatives, in line with Local/HUB sales objectives.
- Develop new customers and build relationship to retain existing customers by discussing value based selling concept, Define winning strategies, update SFDC and lead Capture Teams meetings
- Work with customers and consultants in pushing our new applications through Webinars , Works Shops and Face to Face Meetings
- Defines key targets (e.g. project, prices, portfolio mix) and ensures these are achieved for the segments/markets. Ensures detailed business/sales plans are in place with regular follow up.
- Drives the growth of the top line in each target industry segment. Setting of target price and Winning Strategy of main focus projects.
- Activates operation intelligence, benchmarking and analysis in order to identify best processes, equipment, automation practices, etc.
- Ensures Hitachi Energy’s value proposition for the Utility / Industry / Renewable / Transportation segment is developed and well communicated (internally and externally). Supports back end Sales organizations to ensure they are positively perceived in the target segment. Actively participates in the development of international standards and regulations by identifying and influencing the appropriate external bodies (including government, legislative bodies, technical and trade associations). Feeds back to the Business Units/Product Groups on market developments and requirements.
- Ensures that the major accounts in the segment(s) are identified and prioritized.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships at senior levels with the key stakeholders.
Contracts and negotiations:
- Ensures the team is well prepared and has the necessary internal support to pursue and manage large project contracts. Helps or lead to negotiate complex legal and commercial international frame agreements, and major turn-key system supply projects in the region of 10-30MUSD.
- Identifies and manages risk relating to project location, customer financial status, contract terms, and prices across segments.
Safety & Integrity:
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Education: Minimum B.E. / B Tech Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Skills: Strong know how of the Transmission & Distribution offerings, Technical sales skills, negotiation skills, and Strong communication skills.
- Experience: 7 -10 years in electrical engineering Substation Industry.
- Deliver Results: Prioritize, Act, Achieve.
- Results orientation: drive to exceed goals & improve business practices for higher performance levels.
- Strategic orientation: define own plan within larger strategy & contribute to strategy beyond own area.
- Collaborate: Listen, Value, Engage.
- Teamwork & collaboration: Actively demonstrate teamwork & facilitate collaboration.
- Innovate: Challenge, Create, Change.
- Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness: function well across cultures & act as facilitator between cultures.
- Focus Externally: Customers, Partners, Markets.
- Customer & market orientation: Anticipate and addresses evolving customer and market needs & build close and sustainable customer relationships.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required