Digital Services Engineer and Instructor consists of providing technical expertise and advice, developing solutions to technical problems. The function also encompasses the development and delivery of remote training for customers and employees related to the operation, testing and maintenance of High Voltage Products. Operates with great latitude for unrelieved action or decision.
- Support and guide customers though the Collaboration Center for commissioning, troubleshooting and testing of High Voltage products.
- Develop and deliver training to customers and service engineers both remotely through the Collaboration Center or at Company or customer sites.
- Develop and prepare training aids such as Operational Procedures, Technical Advisories, etc.
- Provide technical advice to customers and less experienced field engineers.
- Serve as technical training consultant, advisor and spokesperson for the department.
- Support on-boarding training program for new field service engineers.
- Visit job-sites to ensure proper field service execution and to devise solutions to problems.
- Maintain communications with other engineering groups.
- Propose to customers, ways to optimize their operations by such means as utilizing more efficient, state-of-the-art equipment and contracting for maintenance and inspection services.
- Seek other opportunities to promote customer satisfaction and foster harmonious business relations.
- Evaluate various types of information to determine causes of problems or malfunctions.
- Assist engineering in Inspections and Root Cause Analysis investigations.
- Recommend repairs or other means to achieve resolution and prevent recurrence.
- Review technical reports when required.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Complexity of Tasks:
- Requires good understanding of Company products and equipment, engineering concepts and practices, plus broad knowledge of multiple engineering fields to influence direction of training efforts.
- The main products to be covered include Dead Tank Breakers, Live Tank Breakers and other High Voltage products of the company in the range of 69kV to 550kV. Recommendations and decisions may have significant impact on the effectiveness and integrity of training efforts.
- Requires ability to select most effective approaches to teach technical materials to technical and non-technical personnel. Requires strong oral and written communications skills and ability to lead less skilled professionals.
- Requires decisive actions involving complex technical matters to eliminate or minimize adverse impact, ensure quality and operate within budget. Requires strong communications skills, and ability to coordinate activities.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering in an electrical or mechanical related field plus 5 years of experience with High Voltage Circuit Breakers and other high voltage equipment (>69kV), or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Proven leadership experience coordinating and leading crew on electrical projects installation.
- Experience working with Power Utilities.
- Past experience with electrical or process instrumentation is preferable.
- Reading of electrical drawings and control schematics.
- Knowledge to operate test equipment, such as CB timers, power factor, TTR, ductor, CT testers, Megger.
- Familiarity with windows applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.