Avid is looking for a talented software engineer to join our Visual Effects Team. The candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to Media Composer, Avid's flagship professional video editor. Avid's products are used in the most recognizable films and TV shows streamed and broadcast around the world. The Effects Team delivers image and signal processing and graphics features for many editing workflows.Requirements:
- At least 4 years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in C++ is required, including object-oriented design skills and robust coding practices.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Visual Studio for C++ or Apple XCode is required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- Video, graphics and image or signal processing experience
- Understanding of professional video standards highly desired, including color theory and standards
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented design and development in C++
- Performance optimization experience, including multithreading and GPU programming experience
- Ability to work with large and complex applications involving the writing of significant new code and refactoring legacy code
- Experience programming on either Windows or macOS
- Desire to work in a multi-site distributed team using Agile/Scrum
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Provide architectural and design leadership within the Effects Team
- Independently design and implement high-quality software in C++
- Communicate clearly in writing and in person to the wider engineering organization
- Implement and debug image processing and signal processing solutions
- Program modern GPUs using both legacy and the latest GPU APIs
- Implement real-time algorithms using advanced multi-threaded concepts
- Program on both Windows and macOS operating systems
- Design and implement automation to accompany all features
- Translate requests from a scrum Product Owner into working, maintainable production code
- Participate in daily stand-up scrum meetings to share progress and obstacles
#LI-YS3 #LI-RemoteWhat We OfferEmpowering Projects:
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.