As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the execution of manufacturing projects from conception to completion. Your role will involve coordinating with cross-functional teams, implementing efficient manufacturing processes, and ensuring the successful delivery of projects within budget and timeline constraints. You will play a critical role in optimizing production efficiency, improving product quality, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Project Management: Lead the planning, execution, and monitoring of projects, ensuring adherence to project objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, production, quality assurance, and supply chain, to ensure seamless project integration and successful outcomes.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identify critical path activities, and proactively address potential bottlenecks or risks.
- Monitor project progress, track key performance indicators, and prepare regular status reports for stakeholders.
- Manufacturing Process Optimization: Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for improvement in terms of efficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance production efficiency, reduce waste, and optimize resource utilization.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to identify and implement automation and technology solutions to streamline operations.
- Quality Assurance: Collaborate with the quality assurance team to ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and customer requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on manufacturability and quality considerations.
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing-related quality issues, implement corrective actions, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas for process optimization, cost reduction, and productivity enhancement within the manufacturing environment.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional improvement projects, applying tools such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, and 5S methodologies.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, fostering innovation, and encouraging employee involvement in problem-solving and process enhancement.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or similar).
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Proven experience in manufacturing project management.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality control, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles and ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet project deadlines.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or other process improvement methodologies is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.