Hitachi Energy is seeking a Business Process Owner for its South Boston, VA location. This role will report into the North America Transformer Business Process Manager. The Business Process Owner is responsible for working within the factory and across the HUB to execute projects, troubleshoot business problems, document business requests, design and test business processes, and train end users on business process and tools. Business processes span Quotation through Warranty and include all systems and applications utilized to execute the business process.
- Develop process maps and define current business practices in preparation for SAP upgrade Deliver continuous improvements based on the strategic vision and roadmap of the HUB functions, factories, and daily operational needs of business end users.
- Perform work on assigned projects and deliver process improvements by participating in projects related to all functions within the business.
- Document business enhancements and verify against HUB strategy whether enhancement will contribute or hinder strategy.
- Investigate and prioritize business requirements to define scope and objectives of the projects and prepare schedules, limitations, time, and desired results.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve complex problems, and develop and implement measures to prevent reoccurrence along with devising modifications and recommend ways to improve Maintain, or provide guidance for maintenance of a wide variety of systems.
- Provide support; ensure accuracy of information and responsiveness to customers (internal & external requirements)
- Lead internal testing and coordinate the testing with business champions.
- Document / maintain standard work packages Build network of factory champions and formulate a cadence for meeting on a regular basis to access training needs or business enhancements.
- Participation in HUB virtual team by leading individual projects, as well as provide support to teammates’ projects.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 2- 5 years of experience. Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy US.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering a related field or 10 or more years of manufacturing experience Proven relationship-building and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills will be required to negotiate resolutions of controversial issues Demonstrated team orientation, motivation, and flexibility.
- Able to travel domestically, 10-30% travel required. Ability to meet frequently for project updates and team meetings (onsite or virtually)
- Additional Skill Sets -Value Stream Mapping and ERP experience a plus.
- Requires broad knowledge of manufacturing operations, business processes, business tools and the flow of data.
- Requires strong analytical skills, initiative, and ingenuity to solve complex problems and implement remedial measures.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.