Lead a team of HSE Specialists (in Local Division (or) Local Business Unit, Hub (or) Project) and contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to en-sure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. Support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Facilitate delivery of support from the Center of Expertise (CoE) and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along HITACHI’s value chain.
- Metrics Reports HSE incidents. Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across HITACHI to management and employees. Reports on HSE performance and progress on implementation of HITACHI Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to HITACHI Group, as required.
- Regulatory compliance
- Implements policies and standards. Ensures area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit. Assists line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and HITACHI Group policy, instructions and standards. Supports compliance with human rights, security and crisis management processes.
- Risk management, Facilitates HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Continuous improvement Drives behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization
- Communication and engagement Engage external (e.g., customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal.
- stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on HITACHI's HSE efforts and perfor-mance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperates with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive performance.
- Budget Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
- Operational support Ensures appropriate HSE equipment and tools are available and used. Identifies, plans and initiates training need, e.g. for employees, site managers, contractors, site managers, and facilitates delivery of support from the CoE. Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems
- Project management Contributes to and/or plans and executes Health (and/or) Safety (and/or) Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors
- People leadership and development Ensures that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies
- Advanced Theoretical with 12+ years of
- Should handle Employees > 500.
- Experience with OHS Management
- Certificate of Training
- Establish and maintain specialist teams to implement group wide strategy and improvement programs. Support line managers and ensure exemplary culture and compliance with Hitachi standards and policies.
- Facilitate delivery of support from CoE and effective risk management and ensure area of responsibility audited in accordance with Group Audit Program.
- Established domain knowledge, expertise and experience, solves unprecedented problems.
- Act as a functional authority across the local division/BU.
- Act as functional coach to Local Division/LBU management team. Represent Hitachi in contacts on functional issues with customers.