Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionPlease note:
Although our position is remote / virtual, you MUST
live, and be authorized to work, in Costa Rica.DATA ENGINEER (DATABRICKS, PYTHON, SPARK)
This is a full-time, well benefited, career opportunity in our Data & Analytics organization (Azure DataWarehouse / DataLakehouse and Business Intelligence) for a highly experienced Data Engineer in Big Data systems design with skills in data architecture, especially Spark and Delta/Data Lake technology.
Individuals in this role will assist in the design, development, enhancement, and maintenance of complex data pipelines products that manage business critical operations, and large-scale analytics pipelines. Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated capability to learn new concepts quickly, have a data engineering background, and/or have robust software engineering expertise. Responsibilities
- Scope and execute together with team leadership. Work with the team to understand platform capabilities and how to best improve and expand those capabilities.
- Strong independence and autonomy.
- Design, development, enhancement, and maintenance of complex data pipeline products which manage business-critical operations and large-scale analytics applications.
- Experience leading mid- and senior-level data engineers.
- Support analytics, data science and/or engineering teams and understand their unique needs and challenges.
- Instill excellence into the processes, methodologies, standards, and technology choices embraced by the team.
- Embrace new concepts quickly to keep up with fast-moving data engineering technology.
- Dedicate time to continuous learning to keep the team appraised of the latest developments in the space.
- Commitment to developing technical maturity across the company.
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience including 2+ years designing and building Databricks data pipelines is REQUIRED; Azure cloud is highly preferred, however will consider AWS, GCP or other cloud platform experience in lieu of
- Experience with conceptual, logical and/or physical database designs is a plus
- 2+ years of hands-on Python/Pyspark/SparkSQL and/or Scala experience is REQUIRED
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data pipelines or DAG Tools (Data Factory, Airflow, dbt, or similar) is REQUIRED
- 2+ years of Spark experience (especially Databricks Spark and Delta Lake) is REQUIRED
- 2+ years of hands-on experience implementing Big Data solutions in a cloud ecosystem, including Data/Delta Lakes, is REQUIRED
- Experience with source control (git) on the command line is REQUIRED
- 2+ years of SQL experience, specifically to write complex, highly optimized queries across large volumes of data is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Data modeling / data profiling capabilities with Kimball/star schema methodology is a plus
- Professional experience with Kafka, or other live data streaming technology, is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Professional experience with database deployment pipelines (i.e., dacpac's or similar technology) is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Professional experience with one or more unit testing or data quality frameworks is HIGHLY DESIRED
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Beware of scams
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected]
domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.