Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Distribution Center Manager for it's PA, Mount Pleasant location.
- Complies with federal, state and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepare detailed reports on operations.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage receiving and shipping personnel and ensure cross training to ensure flexibility for operations.
- Lead problem solving and continuous improvement project utilizing lean tools and methodologies.
- Through the utilization of assigned team leaders, complete all daily activities (workload) and execute according to schedule and defined procedures.
- Assure assigned area meets/exceed all metrics and when goals are not met, take immediate corrective action to drive improvement.
- Train/coach Team Leaders so they understand and can execute all assigned duties.
- Manage visual management / kitting / receiving & shipping / Logistics.
- Provide associates with coaching/counseling as needed and ongoing developmental opportunities.
- Conduct daily shift handoff meetings to assure continuity of operations.
- Assure all health, safety, environmental and housekeeping rules/guidelines are followed.
- Actively participate in facility wide improvement projects.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Computer competency – MS office / SAP / ERP system.
- Responsibilities include support at the Distribution Center and Mt Pleasant Plant.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with minimum 5 year’s distribution or manufacturing supervision experience.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma problem solving tools preferred.
- Ability to develop personnel and processes to support present and future operations.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to motivate others towards a common set of objectives.
- Must be analytical and well organized.
- Warehouse Management Experience is a plus.
- Must have strong working knowledge SAP WMS operating systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization to work in the US.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.