Job ID: R0028091
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY ITALY S.P.A.
Profession (Job Category): Customer Service & Contact Center Operations
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Lead, for the assigned spend, a short and medium-term compliant, resilient and sustainable
sourcing strategy to meet targets on total cost of ownership and supply performance. Negotiate
contracts and service level agreements in line with factory expectations in order to deliver
price, lead time and Terms & Conditions information and control its usage in the local ERP
systems. Define and mandate Supply Quality and Development team on Supplier Management
activities. Collaborate with factories and BU/GPG/HUB stakeholders to support bidding, design
to value (DtV) and R&D activities. Initiate projects to cut total cost of ownership and/or to
mitigate risks. Take the ultimate accountability and approval authority, and review and assure
the quality of the team’s operation in accordance with PG, BU, and HUB regulations and
1. Analytics and Market Intelligence:
• Analyze commodity spend, analyze market dynamics and price developments.
• Compare spend cost development vs market development on total cost of ownership
2. Sourcing Activities:
• As a spend owner assess, define, adjust and improve a HUB category strategy and plan
(using CIPS methodology) in line with business needs and the PG procedures and regulations. Align on the strategy with key stakeholders and communicate on a regular base.
• Execute and deliver on agreed strategy deployment actions and follow-up on responsible functions and other stakeholders.
• Align and deliver on the HUB category targets for KPIs with focus on cost, quality and
• Regularly report on financial performance and supply performance.
• Regularly review the balance of demand vs supply for critical materials. Take measures
to secure supply vs demand and anticipate related to changes or non-repetitive/new requirements.
• Promote emerging market sourcing activities where it brings additional value.
• Mandate Supply Quality & Development team in their undertaking for supplier issue resolution/hot topics.
3. Negotiation and Contracting:
• Collect detailed factory requirements.
• Run tender/order specific RFx and negotiations where applicable.
• Negotiate spend for selected suppliers. Allocate volume. Sign and monitor Contracts,
Frame agreements and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
4. Cost Control Processes:
• Provide input on price trend to BU Commodity Managers for the commodity guideline
and to HUB sales bidding processes.
• Distribute market allocation, pricing, lead times, MOQ (If applicable) and Terms & Conditions information to factories Factory SCM and/or relevant responsible person and control its usage in the local ERP systems.
• Improve on tender and project material costing on demand or where appropriate.
• Promote cost breakdown analysis, should costing and run regular benchmarks.
• Have contracts approved and approve PO as per applicable CAT/LAT.
5. Supply Base Management:
• Oversee the supplier relationship with regular review contract execution, supply performance, improvement activities and future. For suppliers in the HUB assign supplier ac-
count owner for the majority of the spend.
• Lead supplier qualification for the ones in scope, perform risk assessment. Plan and as-
sign audits to Supply Quality & Development Engineer.
• Based on performance data, evaluate, define and monitor improvement measures for
selected suppliers. Organize or ask for resources accordingly.
• Act as resolution owner on escalated topics as mapped in escalation matrix.
• Identify and address performance hot spots and escalate adequately with corrective and
• Manage claims in order to maximize compensation to Hitachi Energy.
• Research and scouting of new supplier with other function (i.e. SQ, Engineering).
• Work closely with other functions to initiate, promote and support projects execution in
order to bring value on total cost of ownership, risk mitigation, quality, cash, lead time,
• Implementation of material cost cutting and risk mitigation projects, preferably using Dynamic Evolution methodology.
• Execute on forward sourcing. Namely activities for R&D, DTV, New Product Introduction,
product cost improvement project. Support technology transfer projects, footprint
changes and other agreed improvement measures. Propose and perform make vs buy
studies and run SCM implementation.