Support overall financial statement preparation by executing accurate and timely completion of tax activities in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- You will perform tax activities related to direct tax, indirect tax, tax refund, transfer pricing.
- You will liaise with Tax Authorities in negotiations/dealings in a multitude of complex tax policy matters (including tax refund, transfer pricing for goods and services, contracting business, etc.).
- You will Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial and tax transactions.
- You will be reporting and Analysis Executes and prepares analysis and reports as assigned and takes appropriate actions as necessary.
- You will conduct investigations of likely issues and address them to be solved as necessary.
- You will support development and implementation of relevant standards, processes, policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of corporate tax matters.
- You will support management with financial aspects of existing tax risks and issues. Makes sure that management is aware of the likely impacts.
- You will identify tax planning opportunities and risks of non-compliance and propose measures to mitigate tax risks.
- You will comply with and helps achieve Internal Control over Financial Reporting compliance as well as external regulatory requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Graduated Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting – Auditing.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in tax and accounting.
- Work experience with Big 4 audit firms beneficial.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and structured with strong attention to detail and learning mindset.
- Resilience - strong ability to work with ambiguity and constantly changing set of circumstances and issues under pressure.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate prioritizing and plan activities.
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex information and take independent action where necessary.
- Collaborating across boundaries - connects people, ideas, processes and issues. Builds helpful, productive relationships across the organization.
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others and ability to deal with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy.
- Fluent in English language – spoken and written.
- Must have strong knowledge of local finance, ERP, Microsoft Office.