Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Hitachi Vantara Converged Solutions Engineering team is looking for a solutions architect who will deliver data center converged - integrated compute, storage, and networking - infrastructure solutions that address the challenges and inefficiencies of the traditional data center in enterprise accounts. The candidate will architect, design, implement, test, automate and documentation of Virtualization solution integrations built on Hitachi Unified Compute Platform. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. What You Will Be Doing
What You Will Need
- Research, design, implement, test, troubleshoot, automate, and document architectures for virtualized solutions on Hitachi Unified Converged Platform
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports and best practices of Hitachi Vantara Converged solutions
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test (and performance) goals. After agreement, develop, review, and execute test plan. Debug issues as they come up. Testing can be done with the Hitachi Vantara lab environment or an outside lab if appropriate
- Be ready to work in the data center as and when needed for hardware configuration or troubleshooting of UCP solution infrastructure
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi UCP Converged and Hyper-Converged solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery, and archiving.
- Responsible for working directly with solutions engineering teams that develop UCP for virtualization products from inception to product GA, including efforts such as vSAN certification
- Responsible for ongoing management of configuration and layout of UCP solution infrastructure
- 3-5 years of experience in enterprise virtualization solutions using VMware vSphere. VMware Certified Engineer preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in networking and storage protocols: Fibre Channel, Nemeroff, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, Storage Area Network
- Demonstrated experience in vSAN and VCF
- Experience with Python, UNIX shell scripting and IT automation/orchestration technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform etc.
- Hands on experience working with hardware( Servers, LAN/SAN switches, storage, etc.) in the data center lab.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Advanced problem-solving skills
This role is based in Santa Clara, California
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and overall PROFIT.
- Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and PROFIT, as well as HITACHI VANTARA' reputation
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in open systems hardware and software and networking infrastructure
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is $102k - $155k. The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect\
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge