Hitachi Energy is seeking a Contract Manager (consortiums or major subcontract agreements) to be located at its Raleigh, North Carolina campus, or potentially remote within the United States. In this role you will be responsible for performance of contract management responsibilities on Power Grid Grid integration (PGGI) engineering, procurement, and construction (EP or EPC) projects throughout the North America Region.
- Ensure timely and accurate performance of contract management activities for the portfolio of contracts assigned, including but not limited to EPC consortium or major subcontract agreements (Civil / Installation) with additional potential for future involvement in customer/owner agreements.
- In full coordination with project teams, Legal and Contract Management, lead contract management responsibilities through proposal, formation, execution, administration, change/claims management, closeout, warranty, and disputes.
- Develop claim strategies, prepare notifications, correspondence, and other applicable contract documentation in coordination with the project team (amendments, change orders, etc.).
- Enforce and defend PGGI's contractual interests, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations in accordance with contract requirements and the PGGI Contract Management Instruction.
- Notify and liaise with Legal regarding major claims and critical developments during project execution.
- Prepare contract deliverables matrix and present contractual portion of project kick-off meetings.
- Lead contract and claims negotiations and settlements together with project management and Legal where appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to the business, project management, site management, procurement/supply chain department and other project team members during contract lifecycle to secure PGGI’s contractual rights and entitlements.
- Work with Legal and Supply Chain/Subcontracts to define customer contract flow down provisions.
- Support and participate in weekly and monthly project status meetings with project team, customers, subcontractors, and suppliers as applicable.
- Coach project team members on commercial awareness, contract and claims management topics.
- Preparing a monthly executive report on overall additional costs and claim status for projects in execution.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and negotiate in English.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Desired 3 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission, or similar industrial plant Contract Management functions (w/ emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface with the customer and subcontractors regarding all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Commercial acumen, skilled negotiator with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail. Highly professional and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Juris Doctor/legal background beneficial, but not required.
- Results oriented. Able to work cooperatively across all levels delivering on commitments.
- Ability to work within internationally staffed teams and with international contractual partners.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Willingness to work at or visit domestic and potentially international project sites or offices for short or extended durations.
- High degree of inter-cultural sensitivity and integrity.
- Systematic and structured work style.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.