Hitachi Energy seeks a professional, strategically thinking solutions oriented technical application engineer to drive our growth in the utility and industry segment in North American. Join the Grid Automation team to lead the industry in advanced Substation Automation Systems and Digital Substation Solutions enabled by IEC 61850 based technology. Leverage your technical competences to support the local sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and prepare technical descriptions of the applied products and technology. Serve as a key technical resource for advanced product technology and system solutions.
- Key member of the business unit team driving growth in Substation Control and Automation Systems leveraging 61850-based protection & control systems.
- Provide technical expertise to sales managers including technical advice and development of system architectures for customer inquiries. Provides technical leadership during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations.
- Performing analytic and diagnostic studies to determine most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs. Proposes technical solutions for complex enquiries.
- Identify and/or direct sales opportunities with target customers for responsible products and systems through the use of consultative selling strategies to identify and report on market conditions and develop these into business opportunities.
- Articulate customer problems and challenges into a value-based solution addressing technical and commercial benefits. Prepare the supporting business case of the value-based solution to support the sales enablement through opportunity closure.
- Technical presentations preparation and delivery of technical solutions and demonstrations for both internal staff and customers on complex product issues.
- Understand and actively help to refine customer expectations, needs & specifications.
- Communicate efficiently the benefits of our product and project-specific system offering.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering plus 10 years of related technical experience. Master of Science degree in power system or cybersecurity desired.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Proven track record in selling “engineered to order” Distribution Automation, Substation Automation, and Protection & Control solutions either to the end-user directly or via major channel partners (architectural engineers, owners engineers, engineering, procurements and construction companies).
- 10 years’ experience with the design, test and commissioning protection and control systems utilizing multi-vendor products.
- Familiar with electrical power system applications and major design considerations.
- Understand in detail the relevant functionalities, features of Protection, Control, Distribution Automation, and Substation Automation/RTU systems.
- Information and Operational Technology cybersecurity and applied to substation automation control systems
- Able to efficiently communicate the benefits of modern Distribution and Substation Automation solutions and communication standards e.g. IEC 61850, DNP 3.0
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.