Job ID: R0028588
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY SPAIN, S.A.U.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
We are looking for Electrical Design Engineers with preferably 1 or 2 years of experience as a designer. This role will be based in Córdoba, Spain where Hitachi Energy has a factory focused on core and shell type transformers.
– As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will dimension shell transformers dielectrically, magnetically, thermally and mechanically; based on the customer specification and factory requirements.
– Since each transformer is tailor made to suit customer needs, you will work closely with the end customer, sales, project management and mechanical design department when developing an optimal technical solution based on materials and loss optimization.
– Be involved in both tender and order transformer designs, conduct design reviews with end customer, and be technical support to our sales department during tender negotiations.
– Work with development of the product to continue being a leading manufacturer of large power transformers.
– Prepare specifications, technical reports and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions.
– Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, Customer Specifications, documents & reports.
– Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
– Participate in the investigation of technical issues and the establishment of procedures & corrective actions.
– Choose specific technical accessories compatible with the design and customer requests and pre-pare cost estimation of the design in several stages (as sold, as designed, as built) taking the ownership of the design to avoid deviations in costs and performance.
– Master’s degree in engineering with a major in electrical engineering, industrial engineering or engineering physics. An electrical knowledge is required.
– Around 2 years of professional experience working with transformers is preferred.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills.
– Knowing Spanish is a must as some internal instructions are in Spanish, knowing other languages is an advantage since we have customers over the whole world.
– Since our external communication at Hitachi Energy is in English, you need high writing and verbal language skills on this language.
– Sole responsibility for technical solutions, independence and resolution are important qualities, as is a curious mind and a flair for innovation and business.
– Strong attitude for using basic computer applications (e.g. MS-Office).
– Capability in a 3D modeling package would be considered as a plus.