Hitachi Energy is seeking a 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician for Bland, VA location. This role is responsible to be a key member of the maintenance team that will safely perform daily tasks related to corrective and preventative maintenance in relation to machinery, equipment, and facility related items. You will also be expected to perform inventory control related tasks associated with maintaining spare parts for equipment.
- Always work safely and hold others to the same expectation Support the Integrated Transformer Management (ITM) system to drive sustainable performance in the key operations performance dimensions of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost (SQDIC).
- Maintain a safe, clean & organized area you are working in/completed work in Safely use the correct hand & power tools to complete a given task Safely operate industrial machinery and equipment Safely complete mechanical and electrical related tasks and projects.
- Replacing faulty electrical & electronic components (relays, switches, motors, sensors, circuit breakers, PCB's, PLC's) Replacing faulty mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components (gears, springs, wheels, belts, pulleys, hoses, pumps, valves, actuators, filters, regulators).
- Respond to corrective maintenance requests & close them out by effectively & safely repairing machinery & equipment and facilities related items Report on & help troubleshoot problems with machinery, equipment, parts, and facilities related items before a failure has occurred through diagnostics and testing.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks on-time; including lubricating and cleaning parts and machinery and equipment to maintain machinery & equipment in good clean working order Help define and maintain critical spare parts inventory Any other assigned tasks from management.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- High School degree or GED equivalent required Mechanical, electrical and/or fabrication skills. Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook) .
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize corrective maintenance requests /Ability to solve maintenance related problems.
- Ability to work without close supervision Self-motivated, aggressive & team oriented. Spending time on your feet walking or standing.
- The ability to occasionally lift pieces and parts.
- Ability to operate industrial equipment, including cranes and forklifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.