Hitachi Energy is seeking for a PGGI Field Service Engineer - Remote USA. This role is responsible for emergency support, troubleshooting, and maintenance, but can also be involved in station installation, commissioning, and upgrades.
- The Service Engineer will serve as the first point of contact and subject matter expert for maintenance & repair of FACTS & HVDC stations/systems.
- Customer support will be provided via phone communication and deployments to the customer site.
- The Service Engineer will take ownership of customer issues and work collaboratively with warranty project managers to resolve the issues in a timely manner.
- The Service Engineer will provide technical expertise, direction, and guidance to less experienced personnel.
- This can include leading customer training efforts on the station & Hitachi Energy control systems.
- The Service Engineer is responsible for understanding health and safety processes and protocols and ensuring the safety of personnel during work activities involving Hitachi Energy
- The Service Engineer must support sales efforts during customer site visits, campaigning for Hitachi Energy and capturing potential business leads.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (preferably in Power Systems) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the field of substations and/or industrial electrification projects, executing commissioning or field service.
- Strong knowledge of electrical safety measures, safety regulations, and compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of substation products, equipment, and engineer concepts/practices
- Significant experience with hands on testing of electrical equipment in substation environments
- Experience working within computer-based control systems Knowledge of Power Electronics, SVC, SC, or HVDC technologies, and electrical standards such as ANSI, CSA, IEC, and others
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.