Job ID: R0028512
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY ITALY S.P.A.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Within the High Voltage Products Business Unit (BU), the Technology Center (TC) Italy is responsible – as part of a global R&D organization – for the development and optimization of products such as Metal-Enclosed Circuit Breakers, Hybrid Switchgear, and Instrument Transformers.
As R&D Engineer, you will be part of TC Italy, and located in Lodi. Reporting to the R&D Team Manager, you will focus on different typologies of High Voltage Switchgear such as GIS, AIS, and Hybrid. You will put your unique technical knowledge and collaboration skills in different technology and product development workstreams, with the aim to continuously improve quality and reliability, as well as to introduce innovative and eco-efficient solutions.
· Participate to international R&D projects aimed to develop and implement innovative and eco-efficient products as technical specialist in own area of expertise. Execute technical workstreams and analyses and follow up different development tasks to meet project specifications on time, cost, and quality.
· Provide technical support to business operations and customers, including production and service units around the globe. Identify and implement effective short and long-term solutions, and make sure that product and processes are timely updated in all the affected business network.
· Perform a variety of technology or product development assignments requiring advanced and innovative techniques, in the frame of both R&D projects and product improvement initiatives.
· Provide technical support to new product implementation, transfer of production, and supplier qualification activities. Define technical provisions to support factory audits and assessments. Review and approve the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
· Contribute to the development of strategic technology plans and project portfolio in own organization.
· Identify Intellectual Property (IP) risks and opportunities in own activities. Trigger and support IP management and protection processes in collaboration with IP organization, including invention disclosure and patent search activities.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar education
· Experience in mechanical engineering roles, with preference to electro-mechanical industry
· Technical expertise in selection and use of metallic and insulating materials is a plus
· Good knowledge of CAD software and 3D modelling, with preference to PTC Creo or similar
· Knowledge of PLM systems, with preference to PTC Windchill or similar
· Good documentation, presentation and communication skills, willingness to interact with cross-functional teams in an international working environment, proactive approach to multi-disciplinary problem solving
· Fluent English, Italian is a strong plus