Company DescriptionJob DescriptionKUBERNETES ENGINEER
This is a full-time role in our product organization for an expert in systems design with considerable skill and expertise in large software development. Designs and implements Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tooling using GitHub Actions / Azure DevOps, and related technologies. This includes defining and implementing build and test pipelines for containerized architectures, infrastructure as code (IaC) for the stateful deployment of environments, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), linting and other code quality controls, gitops and kubernetes pipelines, and managing SaaS deployment APIs.
Individuals in this role will assist in the design, engineering, development, planning and administration of Azure Kubernetes AKS clusters for a set of critical business applications. This role will work closely with application, engineering, security and operations teams to engineer and build Kubernetes and Azure PaaS & IaaS solutions within an agile and modern enterprise grade operating model. Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated capability to learn new concepts quickly, and/or have robust domain expertise. Essential Functions:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced Kubernetes solutions
- Communicating these solutions in a professional way to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborating with other engineers and members of the team using tools like git, in a secure, effective and scalable way
Practices, Principles, Techniques
- Advanced Kubernetes experience
- GitOps (FluxCD, ArgoCD)
- Highly experienced with Docker & Containers and Custom Helm charts
- Top notch Linux skills
- SRE experience for a mid to large enterprise system
- General cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) Preferred Azure.
- Experience with building Kubernetes Operators a plus
- General DevOps Experience a plus
- Experience with Custom Controllers, Custom CRD and service mesh.
- Software Engineering background is nice to have
EXAMS / CERTIFICATIONS: (OPTIONAL)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Instrumentation strategy and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Release Communication and Collaboration
- Security and Compliance
- TDD (Test Driven Development, especially with respect to CI/CD and DevOps
QualificationsAdditional InformationBeware of scams
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- CKAD and/or CKA certifications
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected]
domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.