- Accountable for ITM* deployment to all factories in the Hub,
- Leads systematic implementation of lean tools (Toyota Production System) and six sigma methodologies to drive improvement in core metrics in the business (Operations and other functions as needed)
- Ensure sustainability of lean deployment.
- Represent and contribute to the development of ITM in the Business Unit. Support in preparing/upgrading ITM training materials.
- Facilitate, teach, coach kaizen teams bring about changes and improvements.
- Regular reporting to the Hub & BU on continuous improvement activities
- Analyses core metrics (eg, SQDIC KPIs) to overcome pain points and seek continuous improvement potential. Work across value stream and functions to deliver these improvements locally ad functionally.
- Regular reviews with Hub team, Hub operation managers and factories to continuously assess and chart the direction of improvement (via Strategy deployment)
- Train up pool of competent kaizen leaders and subject matter experts in the factories and functions.
- University degree: Bachelor in Engr (minimum). Good to have MSc/MBA equivalent,
- Background in transformers, automotive, industrial equipment and precision parts manufacturing
- Proven record in facilitating, leading kaizens and major improvement projects.
- Competent in lean tools (Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, Std Work, Strategy deployment, Material Processes, 5S/Waste Observation, Daily Mgt, SMED, etc),
- Certified lean practitioner (MBB in L6S, Train-The-Trainer certification etc),
- Experienced in managing regional teams across different cultures.
- Fluent written and spoken English matched with excellent communication skills.
- Disciplined, systematic and with passion for Lean strategies and deployment. High personal integrity,
- Strong “results oriented, people centered, do what it takes, never give up” mindset.
(*) ITM (Integrated Transformers Manufacturing): a lean system inclined heavily towards “Toyota Production System” and some aspects of “Motorola’s 6 Sigma”