Description:Workplace and Schedule
This role can either be perform remotely.
Flexible on the schedule, however must be ready to work by 9:30 AM EST.Goals & Project Background
Purpose of this role is to help support the build out of a cloud based (AWS) software pet owner engagement tool (POE).
Manager is looking for a senior level candidate for this roleProject Background:
Our focus and goals revolve around communications between veterinary practices and pet owners. We want to empower people to have their pets' information at their fingertips which requires an open channel to their veterinary practice. We're committed to delivering a frictionless platform for pet owners, and an easy integration for veterinary practices and their software.
From a technical perspective our team makes extensive use of microservices; Utilizing AWS CDK to build out the services we need for success. We rely heavily on node runtime environments and use Typescript for most of our needs.
For our customer facing needs we're using React & React Native to provide pet owners with information about their pets.
On a collaboration level we hold regular meetings to discuss ideas or surface issues, and make regular use of ad hoc huddles over Slack to drive our requirements to completion.Requirements:
NICE TO HAVE:
- Have 7+ years of experience working with a variety of server-side and cloud technologies - Java 11+, AWS, Node
- Experience with stream processing - Flink, Kafka, Spark Streaming
- Strong RDBMS experience with Change Data Capture ( CDC )
- Have 3+ years of experience working with TypeScript
- Seasoned familiarity and experience with serverless computing
- Hands on experience with microservices and event-driven architectures
- Comfortable familiarity with AWS CDK
- Solid proficiency with the creation, utilization, and lifecycle of AWS Lambdas
- Experience with NoSQL data stores - AWS DynamoDB - and ETL
- Have applied experience with Amazon SQS
- Familiarity with AWS Cognito authentication and identity management
- Strong familiarity with RESTful and API design best practices
- Highly self-motivated, engaging, investigative, and collaborative
- Experience with TypeScript and understanding of procedural and object-oriented design.
- Experience in Node / NPM ecosystem
- Experience with various front-end technologies but not limited to: React, Redis, React Native
- Experience with authentication/authorization related to data access considerations.
- Experience with logging and tracing ( Datadog, Splunk, etc. )
What You Need to Succeed:
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams.
- Estimate and track time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
- Develop program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably.
- Understand business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework.
- Ensure design integrates with other related systems.
- Code programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Test and debug programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Document program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
- Support, update and maintain existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors.
- Coordinate with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
- Coordinate with project team members to define application requirements.
- Identify business needs, assess available technologies and develop and present solutions.
- Provide high level of customer service, partner with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
- Collaborate with partnering teams to design and fulfill data needs between integrating systems.
- Design system architecture.
- Provide mentoring on topics you consider yourself a subject matter expert.
- Regularly provide constructive feedback to peers (code review)
- Challenge ideas in a constructive way for the betterment of the team, not yourself.
What We OfferExciting Projects:
- Ability to leverage technology background and understanding of latest technologies to apply to development work.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented design.
- Experience with TypeScript and other object oriented and procedural programming languages as appropriate
- Familiarity with applications development process.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies as required by associated development team.
- General business knowledge required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Project management skills required.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences (both as a speaker and listener). You meet the physical requirements that go with working as an Application Developer Sr - Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.Collaborative Environment:
You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities! Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.Professional Development:
We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.Excellent Benefits:
We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidaysAbout GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.