SAS Commissioning Engineer- Saudi National
Job ID: R0029071
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY LTD
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
You as a SAS Commissioning Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SAS Testing & Commissioning works which includes visual and physical verification of installation and connections, system power up, system communication verification, SAS Bay level pre-commissioning checks, SAS site acceptance tests, SAS interconnection tests with network control center, substation energization tests, SAS feeder modification works, SAS upgrade works and cyber security implementation and tests. An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency: Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies, and practices.
- Planning, preparing, and coordinating pre-commissioning or commissioning or start-up activities leading to project completion.
- Developing and ensure adherence to a detailed commissioning scheduling and planning, covering all aspects of pre-commissioning and start-up phases through to handover.
- Preparing and updating a comprehensive commissioning manual.
- Developing a reporting structure and accountabilities for the commissioning team.
- Planning and coordinating the commissioning and start up schedule and necessary work with third party providers.
- Developing pre-commissioning test procedures and documentation.
- Correcting any deficiencies found and ensuring compliance and progress reports are produced in accordance with client and legislative requirements.
- Liaising with government agencies where required to obtain necessary approvals prior to start-up. Preparing client acceptance forms and ensure satisfactory sign-off is obtained.
- Developing comprehensive quality, environment, and safety commissioning plans.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical and electronic engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.