You as an Associate Project Engineer (Open)will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dubai, UAE. In this role you will be advocating for Substation Automation System discipline supporting low to medium-complexity projects. Leading assignments of moderate size and portions, ensuring their completion cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Having good understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals and power system designs, preferable knowledge of electrical primary equipment, such as switchgear, transformer, IED’s, etc, and the building blocks of the power grid from automation, control, and protection systems and communication protocols is preferable from IEC 61850 or tele-metering protocols such as IEC 60870-5-101, 103, and 104.
- Having a good capability to read and understand schematic drawings, Single Line Diagrams (SLD), and hardware design documents with some knowledge in the domain of Cyber Security would be an advantage, including computer hardening, Active Directory (AD), and firewall setting.
- Highly organized and efficient coordination and planning skills with an ability to learning and ambition to grow the technical knowledge to keep up with the advancements in the field.
- Forward-thinking with the ability to look outside of the norm, finding solutions to the challenges at hand.
- Problem-solving & conflict resolution with a sound understanding of where escalation is required.
- Being a team player with great communication skills, dedication, and commitment to quality, customer focus.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Fluent computer skills and ability to work with MS Office software from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO, and Power Bi.
- Experience working with engineering software and tools like CADs or similar.
- Proficiency in programming languages like HTML, C, Python, or VB.
- Knowledge of local utilities or international standard specifications, Electricity Grid Codes is a plus.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.