Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
• Understand, analysis requirement clearly and estimate tasks properly.
• Research, design, implement and test software program by applying best practices of engineer excellent.
• Write and update technical documentation in central place.
• Coordinate with other members to do technical analysis and proposal, code review and coach some software developers.
• Do troubleshooting to identify possible causes of problems, provide suitable solution and fix issues without breaking existing functionalities
• Participate in Agile Scrum activities: daily standup, demo session, retrospective, estimate and planning, etc. What you bring to the team: Education and/or Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant major.
• At least 5 years of experience in IT Software Development focus on JAVA technologies.
• Hands-on experience of SQL server administration skills across all operating system versions, especially Unix, Linux Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Strong knowledge of Node.JS or Angular
• Strong knowledge of JSP / Servlets
• Strong knowledge of Spring framework, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring JPA, Spring Hibernate.
• Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services - SOAP / REST API
• Experience with Java 1.8, Struts 2, ORM/iBatis, Message Broker, Caching/Dynacach.
• Ability to work with of Markup Languages like XML and JSON.Front-end: Angular, Typescript, Webpack, HMTL and CSS3
• Ability to work with WebShpere 8.5 is preferred.
• Ability to work with source code repository and Visual studio online if possible
• Strong knowledge of Proven T-SQL skills in creating and maintaining stored procedures, tables and views in Oracle SQL Database and MS SQL Database
• Ability to understand of IT security standards and associated design considerations
• Ability to review source code
• Hand-on experience of monolithic, microservices architectures. Advantageous Skills:
• Good at CI/CD, automation tools, and scrum/agile development process
• Experience of automated systems monitoring and alerting products
• Experience of other enterprise Relational database technologies, e.g. SQL Server, etc.
• Experience of Linux, MQ Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society. Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge