Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science (HHA):
A Hitachi High-Tech Group company, we specialise in high-tech analysis solutions designed to meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving industrial sector. The data provided by our high-performance laboratory and in-field testing instruments is today helping thousands of businesses streamline their costs, minimise risk and increase production efficiency.
Headquartered in Abingdon (Oxfordshire), UK with R&D and production operations in Germany, China and Finland, our mission is to help our customers become fast-moving, successful cutting-edge businesses. Simplifying our customers' high-tech processes, eliminating waste, and improving productivity. Our products are designed to enable recycling, to save energy and to improve the use of natural resources.About the job:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a proactive and highly motivated person to join the HR Global Team as an HR Specialist. This role is responsible for providing HR advice, administration and generalist services to the UK business.
This a flexible working opportunity with 3 days at our HQ office in Abingdon (Oxfordshire) and with the option to work part-time.Some Key Responsibilities:
• Provide expert advice and guidance on employment law and employee relations issues including organisational change projects.
• Advise and guide, line managers on all aspects of recruitment providing an internal recruitment function for the UK business. Ensure smooth onboarding for all new starters.
• Coaching Managers in all areas of people management to ensure that teams maintain and develop talent and are resilient to change.
• Support, guide and advise Managers on all employee relations and performance issues.
• Undertake HR administration including preparing contracts of employment, offer letters, requesting references, providing salary information/benchmarking, ensuring HRIS is accurate, producing job descriptions etc.
• Liaise with external payroll provider and provide monthly payroll data to the payroll bureau and check preview data.
• Be the first point of contact for payroll queries and liaise with the payroll provider to understand/resolve any queries.
• Manage routine day-to-day third-party relationships and service level agreements with external payroll provider and benefit providers ensuring that they continue to meet expected standards. Escalate to the HR Manager if SLAs are not being met or if there are recurring or serious problems.
• Update benefit providers, with changes to Private Medical memberships, Pension arrangements, Permanent Health Insurance and Life Assurance.
• Manage the HR database and regularly audit to ensure all electronic and hard copy data are correct and stored in line with data protection rules and company policies.
• Participate in benefit, payroll and general HR-related projects as required including job evaluations and salary benchmarking.Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in HR and payroll
• Experience with dealing with employee relations issues.
• Experience and knowledge of all aspects of Employment Law with the ability to interpret and apply this positively and pragmatically to a range of situations.
• Proven experience in developing strong internal stakeholder relationships and actively engaging with employees at all levels.
• Interested in different aspects of Human Resources
• CIPD qualification
• Proactive and can-do attitude
• Ability to prioritise competing demands with a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills are a must.Benefits:
In return, we offer a friendly and collaborative working environment in an international company with an inspired team spirit, where ongoing training and development is provided to develop your skills and career with us.
You will receive a competitive salary along with private medical insurance; permanent health insurance; pension scheme; employee assistance programme (24/7 support on mental health, financial advice, legal support, GP, physiotherapy); 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and ability to purchase an additional 5 days. We work a 37 our week with an early finish of 12.30 on Fridays!About Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science:
To apply, email resume to: [email protected].