Meet our Team
SHORT INTRO TO THE TEAM
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Be the expert about the product within the team and assist the Engineering Manager on technical topics when required.
- Be the mentor and coach about any technical topics for the team and beyond
- Conduct requirements analysis, balance different requirements and make technical trade off decisions at application level (e.g. component design).
- Lead exciting end-to-end projects and ensure Service Level Agreements are successfully delivered. Define and develop solutions to technical problems that arise.
- Use your expertise to input into reengineering and design.
- Act as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the technology space.
- Establish coding standards for the team, ensure the high code quality.
- Actively look for the latest tools and technologies within or outside dunnhumby. Actively learn and help implementing the new industry standards related to products, people, and processes.
- Identify the inefficiencies in the process and help the team to improve them to maximize the team's performance.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders on managing project milestones, short term, and long-term planning etc.
- Help identifying the dependencies, risks and bottlenecks in the projects proactively. Work actively with the Engineering Manager to resolve them.
- Expertise in Technologies as stated in the skill set requirements.
- Knowledge from prior project experience
- Mentorship to junior members of the team
- To-Do attitude and a positive mindset.
Good to have:
- OOPs, data structure and Algorithms.
- C#, .NET Core, REST APIs
- Strong development skills in React.
- Designing and architecting enterprise applications using Micro-services and event driven architecture (PubSub)
- Must have knowledge on any cloud (GCP/Azure preferred)
- Any relational database (Postgres Preferred)
- Application containerization, Docker, Kubernetes (K8s)
- Unit testing
- Best practices around logging, monitoring, and tracing of cloud-based platform.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines (GitLab, Octopus preferred)
- Familiarity with serverless computing platforms such as GCP Cloud Functions or Azure Functions
- Experience with messaging technologies
- Familiarity with application security best practices and standards such as OWASP TOP 10
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge