Hitachi Energy is establishing a Global /Regional IS organization to drive standardization and harmonization of solutions and to ensure delivery of high quality IS services for Hitachi Energy business units, by bringing significant focus on business value driven innovation and delivery as core competencies.
The Hitachi Energy IS ERP Solution Architect Issue-to-Resolution is a member of the Hitachi Energy IS Platform & Applications team and responsible for the design, integrity and quality of an IS solution and of associated IS services delivered to Business, Support Functions and IS Technology domains as the case may be. Responsible for IS solution/service providing the required functionality and meeting the cost expectations of the business. Collaborates with and contributes to project set-up and delivery as well as to service operations optimization.
The Hitachi Energy IS ERP Solution Architect I2R is accountable for managing
workstream interdependencies, mainly but not restricted to the areas of S/4 Service management. This role is mainly but not exclusively focused on the REIWA program. REIWA is an important Hitachi Energy IS ERP program which acts as an enabler of our ongoing transformation as an independent entity.
- Define the technical IS solution and ensures alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications through cooperation and collaboration across IS solution architects and IS delivery units.
- Engage in requirement engineering to decide which requirements are covered by available standard functionalities, for which functionalities enhancements are needed and for which functionalities workarounds are accepted.
- Support validation and prioritization of incoming business demand in collaboration with the relevant IS Business Analyst, IS Service Manager, IS Application Manager and/or Global IS Domain Architect.
- Responsible for translating the functional design into technical specifications, review and sign off the functional and technical use case specifications.
- Communicate the technical specifications to the developers.
- Formulate rules, principles and guidelines to guide the development of the technical solutions.
- Determine non-functional requirements and ensure service/ solution operation standards are considered accordingly.
- Keep knowledge up to date regarding new and emerging IS technology and IS industry practices, bringing learning into HE; all within in the scope of the relevant IS solutions.
- Collaborate with users in projects and problem management to maintain, develop and deploy the best feasible and most cost efficient IS solutions/services for the business.
- Ensure manuals for users are created to describe the operating procedures.
- Consult, give advice and support the installation of new IS solutions/services, or the changing of existing IS solutions/services.
- Consult users to identify and learn about current procedures and to clarify further requirements.
- Support the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of all IS processes related to the area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance to IS project management and IS delivery unit team in how to utilize IS application/solution standards (e.g. S4/HANA) effectively.
- Communicate project delivery related decision demand towards project and S/4 Service management in collaboration with Global IS Domain Architect to ensure resolution and avoid delivery issues.
- Commit and contribute to common result oriented collaboration with the various business processes IS architectural domains as well as the various enterprise technology IS architecture domains.
- For assigned tasks, execute all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS specification.
- In concert with the Global IS Domain Architect, ensure that IS solution/service-related standards are considered accordingly.
- Provide support to temporary work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice with/without carrying line responsibility.
- Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in of Engineering in Computer science (preferred) or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience within Information Technology industry where 8+ years of solution architecture experience across various IT areas with focus in the areas of Issue-to-Resolution (S/4 Service management), particularly & 3+ years of solution architecture experience of global Integration projects.
- Minimum 5+ years of team lead experience coordinating onsite & offshore teams (Functional & ABAP up to 20 persons).
- Practical implementation experience with integration software/tools: BizTalk and/or MuleSoft.
- Practical implementation experience with SAP CRM (Service preferred).
- Practical implementation experience with SAP Customer Service.
- Certification in S/4HANA, and/or other SAP Solutions, especially in the focus areas highlighted.
- SAP ABAP programming and SAP ALE- IDOC experience (preferred).
- International work experience in different countries/ cultures.
- Proven experience implementing SAP best practices, especially for smooth transition for carving out a business division from current SAP landscape to a different one.
- Highly adept at bridging, translating and integrating business with IT, and converting business requirements into IT solutions.
- Ability to provide leadership to ensure effective solutions that drive business value are created and implemented, in an environment of virtual teams.
- Awareness of latest technology, developments and offerings from SAP and their future direction.
- Able to sort through complex issues and make timely decisions.
- Ability to generate new ideas, challenge status quo, take risks, support change and foster innovation.
- Fluent English language and good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with business and IT stakeholders.