We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire the future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector. Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success.What you bring to the team Location- Jalan Bangsar, KL(Onsite) Rotation Shift with 12hr/ weekly 4 days The team
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Global Development and Delivery Center) provides remote managed storage solutions to client based storage architectures. The GDDC is part of a wider Global Delivery (GD) team which also includes Storage and engineering teams for GD products and services.
Reporting to the GDDC Service Delivery Manager, this individual will provide first line Storage provisioning and Incident Management in accordance with customer procedures and contracts. The Candidate is a team player, a motivator and a problem solver, able to analyse complex problems and form workable solutions. The role
What you'll bring Qualifications
- Administration of the storage infrastructure
• Work according to predefined ITIL processes especially Incident & Change Management
• Planning and executing SAN-/Storage-related changes/tasks
• Documentation of environment specific processes
• Execute storage LUN Allocation, extensions & De-Allocation
• Hitachi Management products including HiCommand Suite(HCS), OpsCenter, and Tuning Manager
• Administration of storage replication
• Performance analysis and troubleshooting using Tuning Manager
• Process incident-tickets according to defined SLAs
• Troubleshooting of issues related to SAN/storage
• Communicate and work with L3 Operational team and Customer to address or resolve issues
• Trigger required escalation following predefined escalation matrix
• Support and assist with hardware enhancement / hardware maintenance work by following Incident/Change Management Process
• Must be willing to work 12-hour rotational shift
• At least Bachelor's degree (preferred in IT or related field)
• Experience within complex IT environments preferably in storage management
• Hitachi Vantara Certification for both file and block preferred
• Cisco Certification CCNA preferred
• ITIL Certified and well versed with ITIL processes preferred.
• Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills in English
• Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment
• Positive self-starter, able to take direction, and work within a team environment
• Aptitude and eagerness to learn and support new products and systemsTechnical Knowledge
Skills in one or more of the following areas are added advantage:
• Enterprise Storage Solutions (Hitachi/HPE/NetAPP/EMC)
• Fibre Channel Solutions (Cisco/Brocade)
• Network Attached StoragePersonal Skills
• Strong influencing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and drives issues to resolution
• Confident and self-reliant, but able to work as a team member, demonstrating clear commitment to team objectives
• Organized and adaptable; clear thinker with a tolerance for ambiguity
• Willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership when required due to circumstances presented
• Natural problem solver
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop, and maintain, good working relationships at all levels
• Concise written and oral communication skills, able to provide feedback in a positive and constructive manner able to operate effectively in a demanding environment.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, ChallengeChampioning diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings. We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society. If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic. Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.