For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen. Job purpose
The Senior Network Engineer is a key role for Converged Services team. This role provides support for GDDC customers.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to Build/Implement/solve for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure delivery.
• Administration and maintenance of Brocade and Cisco Layer 3 Ethernet switches.
• Expertise in configuration and management of Switches Cisco, Juniper
• Expertise in configuring and troubleshooting of Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, and their implementation.
• Extensive knowledge with VPN and Site to Site connections, management connectivity issues and handling ISPs
• Experience with various LAN and WAN technologies and protocols like: - TCP/IP, VLAN, VTP, RIP, STP, EIGRP, OSPF, IKE/IPSec VPNs, NAT, PAT, EVPN, VXLAN
• Configure, plan, install, maintain, and optimize network systems, equipment, and applications ensuring network protocols and security policies are used effectively.
• Well experienced in configuring HSRP, GLBP
• Create network diagrams and as built documents.
• Configure new detections based on threat intelligence and research.
• Expertise in Using Vulnerability assessment tools for detecting the vulnerabilities and remediate them.
• Good knowledge of Network log capturing & analysing the logs through the tools Wireshark, Solar winds etc.
• Ensure adherence to customer & SLA commitments Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met.
• Collaborate with Project Managers and IT teams to build strong customer relationships.
• Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers and Analysts
• Manage the remediation process including tracking and resolutions of findings from internal and/or external audit findings, risk assessments, and other control assessments.
• Experience in cloud networking particularly in the context of Private Cloud / Data Centre integration with AWS, Azure and GCP.
• Having good knowledge of load balancers is an added advantage.
• Infrastructure, Automation (Preferred), NexGen Firewalls (For example: Palo Alto, etc), IPSEC and SSL VPN technologies, Global Protect.
Technical Skill Set
Expertise in TCP/IP networking in a large, enterprise-scale environment.
Experience with Cisco and Brocade Layer 3 Ethernet switching.
Experience with clustering technologies for Cisco and Brocade switches.
Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, including configuration and troubleshooting of site-to-site VPNs.
Ability to script and work at a command-line interface (CLI).
Familiarity with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade servers, and rack-mount servers).
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
• 12-15 years' experience in systems operation and production support.
• CCNP or CCNA certification is highly desirable.
Requirement of Health and Security
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
• Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
• Abide by the Hitachi Vantara and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
• Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
• Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of Hitachi Vantara data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge